A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Research Solutions Sales Organization of MilliporeSigma is seeking an Account Manager (Sales Representative) to support the growth strategy. An Account Manager is responsible for establishing and growing customer accounts. The ideal candidate is results oriented, passionate about what they do, works with a sense of urgency, stays focused, and works well on a team. The accounts for this territory include: UC Davis, UC Berkeley and occasionally UC Merced.
- Travels as required to meet the sales objectives
- Consistently achieve sales targets established by the West Academic Sales Director.
- Submission of accurate quarterly forecasts and forecast updates as requested on a timely basis.
- Efficiently manage territory through planned coverage and interaction with key accounts, thought leaders, and end users.
- Maintain a high level of technical and application competence and utilize this knowledge in a manner which will enable him/her to add value to our products and services, to promote and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Maintain effective and professional communication in the field and with internal contacts in the company.
- Schedule and execute seminars, shows, blitzes, and pricing promotions within the defined territory.
- Manage the overall distribution relationship within your territory to include - but not limited to – Account Plans, business reviews, and training.
- Manage effective pricing strategies to include – but not limited to – contracts and price offer programs (POP’s): Renewals, negotiations, and implementations.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or closely related discipline
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience in meeting/exceeding sales targets in the Life Science area
- Sales competency which includes selling skills, relationship building, call planning, territory development, follow-up and closing skills.
- Technical competency demonstrated in product knowledge, product application and product positioning for Cell Biology, Molecular Bio, Protein Research and Chemistry
- Good time management skills in implementing and executing successful plans of action that balance your sales activities with customer needs, distribution needs, purchasing agent needs, account development, interdivisional activities as well as Regional needs.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and implementing tactical business plans at territory level and account level.
- Demonstrated capability of establishing relationships at all appropriate account levels to close the sales process.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed organization inspiring teamwork to achieve results.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving competency in handling distribution, product issues, sales issues and customer issues.
- Demonstration of good presentation skills as related to distributor training, strategy meeting and Account Planning.
- Demonstrated ability with Excel, Microsoft Office software, Sales Force or other CRM in a business environment.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.