A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Surface plasmon resonance subject matter expert for development activities in custom bio-conjugation or bio-organic projects. Develop the departments knowledge and skill base around SPR. Responsible for meeting department and project objectives. Active member of global subject matter expert group.
- Utilize experience in SPR to develop assays that support process and analytical development and transfer to GMP testing.
- Provide leadership on SPR platform technology and equipment purchases
- Ensure team members are trained
- Lead and motivate through positive reinforcement, encouragement, example and communication of company values.
- Communicate information and technical deliverables to other groups and project teams to ensure company objectives are met
- Encourage collaboration between all project teams
- Identify, evaluate and implement process improvements.
- Create/maintain positive pro-active approach toward quality compliance and safety
- Report incidents, assist in investigating causes and follow up with appropriate actions
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned
Who You Are:
- Advanced degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemistry, biology or other scientific discipline is required. Experience in Surface Plasmon Resonance is required with a preference for experience in method development.
- Minimum of 3-5years of SPR experience
- Experience in a multi-site global role
- Project management, planning and scheduling experience a plus.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Strong leadership skills: Motivate employees and coordinate employee activities, as well as deal with any disciplinary issues that may arise
- Strong communication skills: Engage their employees and work with management to make sure the job gets done; able to clearly explain what needs to be done will be necessary
- Communicate well with all levels of the organization and across functional groups
- Excellent problem-solving: Able to analyze different information and make decisions based on needs, priorities, changing business conditions and budgetary constraints
- Attention to detail: making sure cleaning, upkeep and safety standards are maintained, or efficiencies are realized and self-starter
- Fundamental understanding of quality systems and requirements (ISO standards, semiconductor practices, GMP, etc.) where applicable
- Working knowledge of Safety, Environmental, Regulatory, and Equipment Maintenance
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.