A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
PRINCIPAL/LEAD BIOINFORMATICS SCIENTISTS
Job Location: Sigma-Aldrich Corporation, 3050 Spruce Street, St. Louis, MO 63103
Send resumes to Sigma-Aldrich Corporation, 400 Summit Drive, 4th Fl., Burlington, MA 01803 (Req# 202477)
The Principal/Lead Bioinformatics Scientists will be responsible for the following job duties:
- Build and prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale for both business intelligence and research development support;
- Research and develop modeling, analytical and computational methods to provide big data-related solutions in biotechnology;
- Conduct end-to-end analysis that involves data gathering and requirements specification, data management and processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables and presentations;
- Provide business intelligence support to sales, marketing, and innovation initiatives by strategizing, organizing and participating in these analysis activities;
- Lead innovation in the design and implementation of our electronic lab information management system for integration and interpretation of multi-omics and other complex datasets for research & development; and
- Lead a team of bioinformaticians and manage projects to provide analysis support for development and implementation of strategies in the areas of genetics, molecular biology, microbiology, and chemistry research.
Less than two (2) weeks of domestic travel per year requirement.
This position is eligible for the Sigma-Aldrich Corporation Referral Program.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Employer requires a Master's degree in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or a closely related field and at least two (2) years of experience working with statistical data analysis in the biotechnology industry.
In addition, the successful candidate must have:
- Demonstrated ability programming in Java, Java EE, C++ and R;
- Demonstrated ability working with frontend and backend programming for web-based application development;
- Demonstrated ability working with machine learning and deep learning algorithms and packages for data mining in the biotechnology industry;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the R package Shiny;
- Demonstrated knowledge of ORACLE/MySQL and JSON databases; and
- Demonstrated knowledge of LabVantage V6-V8 for LIMS systems configuration and implementation.
All years of work experience may be gained concurrently.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.