A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
he Director, Corporate Accounts, Channel Management is responsible for Channel accounts, including Full Line Wholesale, Specialty Distribution, Specialty Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Group Purchasing Organizations, third-party logistics, and patient/provider support hub businesses. Management for these accounts will support EMDS objectives for maximum patient access, optimum patient experience, cost effective services and customer confidence in product integrity. This role is uniquely positioned to capitalize on the vertically-integrated nature of the Channel accounts, to leverage the full scope of the EMDS business relationship and opportunities for business development innovation. This role requires the ability to build constructive business relationships and effectively communicate, collaborate, motivate and influence both external and internal customers/partners. Responsible for developing and implementing an account specific strategic plan in collaboration with key internal cross-functional stakeholders. This position will require innovation, creativity and attention to detail. This is a highly visible and entrepreneurial position requiring a great degree of collaboration with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Support annual brand and market access strategic planning processes as the channel subject matter expert and representative of the opportunities that channel accounts provide to support brand and market access objectives
- Lead development, negotiation, implementation and ongoing management of channel contracts
- Lead internal preparation for account business reviews, including identification of needs and opportunities, review of metrics and KPIs, materials development, scheduling and coordination, and tracking of action items identified in the business review meetings
- Support organization initiatives as needed, including product launches, acquisition integrations, cross-functional teams and special projects
- Develop yearly strategic business plans for each Channel and Enterprise account and conduct quarterly business reviews to drive accountability to plan and justify budget requests for specific Account programs/services in alignment with business objectives and in accordance with EMD Serono policies
- Ability to achieve deliverables, milestones, timelines and manage teams without direct line authority
Who you are:
- 8+ pharmaceutical and/or biotech experience required in Large Account Management, Field Sales, Group Purchasing Organizations (GPO), Government and/or Managed Care, with a track record of consistently meeting or exceeding goals
- 4+ Years direct experience in account management for Channel Accounts (Specialty Pharmacy, GPO, Specialty Distribution, Wholesale) with demonstration of outstanding results and/or;
- Executive and business-to-business selling with experience in: negotiating large direct purchase contracts with demonstration of successful results; niche market and competitive environments; complex sales/distribution/reimbursement channels; working successfully within a matrixed organization
- At least one of the following is required: knowledge of Neurology, Oncology, and / or Fertility products
- Executive relationships at key access influencers in Channel segment; Specialty Pharmacy, Specialty Distribution, GPO, Wholesale and Retail Accounts
- 2+ Years sales/management experience with demonstration of successful results
- 2+ Years experience in biotechnology/injectables market
- History of successful cross-functional partnerships across multiple internal stakeholder groups
- Managed care marketing, brand management and/or contracting experience
- Experience in Oncology with knowledge of reimbursement for medical benefit products
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.