A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Evaluate products according to established protocols, provide technical support to others, and perform operations in support of the group and department.
- Safely perform operations to meet quality expectations.
- Ensure quality throughout the process.
- Train personnel and act as a technical consultant as needed. Perform and interpret analytical evaluations of products and intermediates.
- Perform routine assays, processes, and/or unit operations.
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines.
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g., maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste disposal).
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of supervisor.
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Interact with other departments as needed.
- Participate as needed in quality audits.
- Accurately perform procedures independently.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Participate in process improvements under the guidance of a Supervisor or Scientist.
- Take the necessary action to resolve any unsafe conditions.
- May lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
- May occasionally wear appropriate protective gear such as hard hats, chemical-resistant suits, safety shoes, and other related personal protection equipment to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related Life Science
- 4+ years of work experience as a Chemist, Chemical Engineer, or related job title
- Master’s Degree in Chemistry
- Familiarity with laboratory instruments and production equipment
- Process techniques and unit operations.
- Analytical techniques and equipment.
- Knowledge of ISO Quality standards.
- Safe chemical handling methods.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- High degree of computer literacy
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.