A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
To provide Industrial (Occupational) Hygiene, Safety & Environmental assistance to site management in the prevention of occupational injuries (and illnesses) and emissions to the environment; Conduct EHS and safety related training to ensure site personnel are competent in performing job safely in compliance with regulations; Prepare EHS compliance related reports and ensure correspondence, both internally and with regulatory bodies.
- Is frequently required to wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment “PPE” to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles.
- Employee must view computer monitors for long periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl for long periods of time.
- The employee must be able to speak, hear and smell.
- Vision requirements are close vision and ability to adjust focus
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted
Who You Are:
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Environmental Engineering; Or BS - Chemistry or other science related degree which included chemistry along with additional technical training in aforementioned area or 3+ yrs EHS related experience in the chemical, specialty chemical and/or pharmaceutical industry;
- Knowledge of Environmental compliance standards especially pertaining to chemical manufacturing
- 3+ years of previous EHS related experience in the chemical, speciality chemical or pharmaceutical industry
- Knowledge of process safety management and Life Safety (emergency egress, lighting and alarms) practices
- Understanding of fire detection, suppression methods and incipient fire suppression techniques
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.