A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The role of Associate Director Global Strategic Accounts combines a great mix of strategic thinking and business development with a strong focus on business results and intense customer and stakeholder management.
This East-Coast based position has full commercial responsibility for two Global Strategic Accounts (GSAs). You operate in a matrixed environment but take ultimate accountability for the global account performance for the full Portfolio MilliporeSigma offers to Pharma/Biotech manufacturing, including products, systems and services for upstream and downstream processes. You develop multi-year account strategies to ensure sustainable, predictable, profitable long- term sales growth. You are required to build excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders (technical & commercial) and elevating these to the highest levels. You also ensure the organization has the adequate resources to implement these plans efficiently focusing on the customer needs. You provide longer-term business forecasting and consistent business updates on your accounts. A key personal focus for you is constant improvement of customer relationships in order to establish true strategic partnerships up to C-Level. You focus on uncovering new business opportunities and market trends and ensure they are adequately considered in our product portfolio management. You encourage critical review of internal processes and provide constructive input fostering a continuous improvement and innovative mindset. You report to the Director GSA and regularly interact with senior management. This is a US field-based role.
Who you are:
- BS degree with 10+ years’ experience of strategic/key account management and/or similar relevant commercial experience including managing large global accounts in the Life Science, Pharma, and/or Chemical industry.
- Proven business development and negotiation skills including closing of significant deals.
- Strong strategic and creative thinker with a high-level of independent drive for results and perseverance, acting in a professional and positive manner.
- High level of customer focus and ability to build effective relationships based on integrity, trust and mutual respect.
- Ability to analyze, prioritize, and validate complex and dynamic information from a diverse range of external and internal sources and develop the co-creation product concepts, ideas and recommendations for the business.
- Fluency in written and oral English.
- Ability to travel globally up to 25-50%.
- Master’s degree in a scientific discipline or business.
- Second language a plus.
- Experience working in a diverse and multicultural environment; high emotional intelligence, effective facilitator and collaborator – naturally navigating a global matrix.
- Excellent communication skills/stakeholder management skills, inspiring internal and external partners to ‘buy in’, creating commitment and trust at different levels of an organization.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.