A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Key Account Manager’s (KAM) objectives are directly linked to the corporate objectives of delivering repeatable, sustainable sales growth from our Strategic customers. Although this is not a people management role, the Key Account Manager will be required to lead teams of people in various projects. Accordingly, influencing without authority is a key skill.
- Ensure that the quarterly and annual sales targets are achieved by gaining market share, maintaining market share and seeding Millipore Sigma services in the customer’s pipeline.
- Develop and execute strategic Key Account Plans to achieve short and long-term sales growth at each of your accounts.
- Key Account Plans will include the mapping of decision makers, procedures, policies, structure, and molecule/new product pipelines within Key Accounts.
- Focus efforts to identify and win new opportunities that are of strategic long-term value while retaining existing business.
- To expand our customer base the KAM will work to acquire a required number of clinical projects/new projects each year.
- Know and be known by your customers; maintain regular presence within territory
- Identify your customer’s needs/goals/challenges and provide solutions to fulfill their needs through the proper positioning of Millipore Sigma services.
- Inform, train and influence customers.
- Secure targeted meetings to identify and advance opportunities with your customers.
- Follow-up on leads in a timely fashion.
- Close action items and customer requests completely and in a timely fashion.
- Maintain an accurate sales forecasts and a robust sales opportunity funnel. Identify market/customer trends.
- Report routinely on competitive practices, capabilities, trends and lost business and recommends modifications to Marketing to increase market share.
- Business and technical training is provided on a continual basis. This must be completed and effectively implemented by the Key Account Manager.
- Attend various tradeshows, corporate or external training seminars.
- Coordinate and participate in customer audits and technical visits.
- Utilize sales tools (CRM, literature etc.) to regularly and properly to gain efficiencies and to document customer interactions.
- Work with sales management and other internal resources to negotiate sales contracts and long-term service commitments. Other stakeholders include Development Services, Program Management, Marketing, Sales Managemen; and Account Managers in other regions.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Virology or related field
- 5+ years' experience in selling products or services to pharmaceutical companies.
- Must have a proven track record in Key Account Management, including strategic planning and relationship management.
- In depth knowledge of Life Science industry, market needs and competition.
- Highly skilled in strategic selling and negotiation.
- Communicates clearly, accurately and persuasively with customers and internal departments.
- Professional level verbal and written communication skills.
- Understands and supports immediate and long-term company objectives.
- Presentation skills adequate to present to varied audiences and various levels of company capabilities.
- Strong time management skills; ability to manage several projects at one time.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.