A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your Role: The Government and Public Affairs Manager for Biopharma is a key, hands-on role responsible for influencing and optimising the policy environment in which the business operates.
Reporting to the Head of Government and Public Affairs, this role makes a significant contribution to the development of the GPA function’s strategy, and leads on the tactical delivery of Government and Public Affairs plans across the neurology and oncology franchises, as well as at an above-franchise level in order to support optimal patient access to our innovative medicines.
Who you are:
- Strong experience in healthcare policy and public affairs, ideally with experience in the pharmaceutical industry (agency or in-house)
- In-depth understanding of healthcare policy and regulatory environment, particularly NHS and HTA policy
- Proven ability to develop trust-based relationships with parliamentarians, government officials, senior NHS managers, patient groups, think tanks and other third parties
- Experience of industry association engagement
- Strong networker able to manage a large number of external and internal relationships
- Ability to work cross-functionally, often with internal customers who may not understand the value that GPA can deliver, as well as manage above-country internal customers
- Proven ability to understand and clearly communicate complex and technical topics simply and succinctly
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiation and influencing
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships
To all recruitment agencies/suppliers: we are lucky enough to receive fantastic applications and have an in house recruitment team. Therefore unless you are formally requested by a member of the in house recruitment team to support us and then given access to our portal you are not engaged to work with us. Please do not contact hiring managers directly or send speculative profiles or CVs – we will not accept these as an introduction and you will not be paid any fee or considered for our preferred supplier list.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com