A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Quality Control Scientist is responsible for planning and performing chemical analysis with a variety of techniques with an emphasis on ICP, IC and GC analysis. They will need to be able to solve complex analytical problems as needed and work independently and complete projects quickly. They will use analytical chemistry principles, practices, methods and techniques to perform a variety of assignments. A background knowledge of Compendial, Government, and ISO requirements and guidelines are needed. The Quality Control Scientist will demonstrate flexibility responding to changing priorities and effectively multi-task to complete projects on time.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee may frequently be required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must have the ability to perform moderately physical activity
- The employee will be working in a lab with chemicals. Safety and confidence working in a lab environment are essential
Who You Are:
The Quality Control Scientist has a background in running a variety of instruments and methods with a focus on ICP, IC, HPLC and GC. As a Scientist in the group, the ability to collaborate with other members of the QC group to complete projects is essential. The candidate will have a strong background in Analytical Chemistry and have demonstrated skill with instrumentation in their past work experience, research and or education.
- Bachelor of Science in a life science discipline AND 2+ years of chemical analysis experience OR Master of Science in a life science discipline
- 2+ years of experience in chromatography and utilizing analytical chemistry techniques to solve challenging problems.
- Experience with instruments and methods with a focus on ICP, IC, HPLC and GC analysis
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.