Show All Results
Senior Vice President, US Commercial Oncology
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Reporting to the US Chief Commercial Officer (CCO), EMD Serono, Inc. the Senior Vice President, US Commercial Oncology is responsible to lead the US Oncology Therapeutic Area, with responsibility for design, development and execution of the sales and marketing strategy to deliver on aggressive targets for revenue growth and profitability for the Oncology portfolio of products, while ensuring that peak revenue performance is not sacrificed for short term goals as well as commercialize and launch multiple Oncology products into the US market.
The SVP provides leadership including oversight of the following marketed products:
- BAVENCIO®, a prescription medicine used to treat a type of skin cancer called Merkel cell carcinoma and may be used when your skin cancer has spread as well as a type of cancer in the bladder or urinary tract called urothelial cancer. BAVENCIO® (may be used when your cancer has spread or cannot be removed by surgery (advanced urothelial cancer), and you have received chemotherapy that contains a platinum-containing drug and it did not work or is no longer working and BAVENCIO® (avelumab) in combination with INLYTA® (axitinib)* for patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma (RCC).
- EMD Serono and Pfizer co-promote Pfizer’s anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK) inhibitor XALKORI® (crizotinib). Pfizer today XALKORI is the first ALK inhibitor approved in the United States, Japan and the European Union.
The SVP will provide strong leadership, excellent judgment, daily active participation and engagement to maximize business opportunities, working collaboratively with cross-functional U.S. and Global teams, to deliver on aggressive but realistic targets for revenue growth and profitability. Member of the U.S. Operating Committee led by the CCO.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the US Oncology organization by developing and implementing brand strategies that drive exceptional performance through identification and leveraging of patient, customer, market, and brand insights.
- Full Accountability for P&L of brands, including management of pricing, gross to net, and operational budget.
- Develop clear and fully aligned KPI measurement, initiate actionable national and local level opportunity and risk analysis.
- Develop and implement sales and marketing business plans and strategies through a thorough understanding of market dynamics, competitive landscapes and future trends, the patient journey, and opportunity assessments.
- Identify national and regional opportunities and barriers to ensure corporate success
- Collaborate with teams on product and customer strategies to support brand value propositions and secure market access/formulary acceptance of products
- Provide strategic planning for sales and market analysis, forecasting, business plan development, sales personnel development, managed care and field sales resource allocation/development, new product market analysis, new product business plans, and managed care program development
- Work closely with legal and compliance to ensure regulations and policies are kept current and followed by sales and marketing
- Establish and maintain appropriate relationships with key opinion leaders, medical associations and outreach organizations
- Lead and develop the vision, strategy and implementation plans, driving a fully aligned, result-oriented, highly effective field sales and marketing team.
- Partner with cross functional teams to design and execute on the following:
- Market opportunity assessment
- Situational analysis
- Patient journey
- Customer and brand insights
- Market research and insights for brand positioning and message development
- Strategic forecast model development and insights to realize market potential
- Sales Force sizing and structure, targeting plan, alignment planning, and incentive plan design
- Sales Force and Account Management training plan and materials development on market landscape, competitive environment, market access, and product and message training
- Partner with the Global Business Franchise team on Life Cycle Management (LCM) strategies, including representing US perspective in new product development and expanded indication.
- Lead and develop the Oncology team: define clear objectives, align on stretch goals, allocate resources, monitor activities and provide coaching feedback and development opportunities.
- Manage the budget and interface with Regional Controller: Total budget and P&L responsibility.
- Play an active and participatory role across therapeutic areas and functions as a member of the U.S. Operating Committee.
- Active member of the Compensation Committee and the Compliance Committee.
Who You Are:
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 12+ years of experience in marketing, sales and operational leadership roles with increasing magnitude of responsibility in pharmaceutical/biotech industry –
- 8+ years leading large teams and managing and developing people including managing leaders of others
- Product Launch experience required
- Understanding of the US biotech specialty space with demonstrated ability to learn and master diverse therapeutic areas and complex business environments
- Experience in multiple specialty disease areas is a strong plus, experience in oncology is required
- Experience in leading a large brand team (or multiple brands) with P&L ownership a must
- Exceptional business acumen, deep customer insights and grasp of complex analytics required
- Knowledge of the reimbursement landscape required
- Experience with products at multiple stages in their life cycle
- Current understanding of pharmaceutical and promotional compliance guidelines and regulations
- Previous pharmaceutical sales leadership experience a very strong plus
- Proven success record for building high performance teams and consistently driving strong results
- Strategic ability to define a clear path in a complex environment, utilizing strong analytical skills to navigate through complex challenges, overcoming areas of ambiguity and deliver well thought out business solutions to seize opportunities for business growth
- Ability to demonstrative creative and innovative strategies for business development and Life Cycle Management
- Proven success record for building high performing teams and consistently driving strong results as an effective leader who obtains results through positive actions
- Strong understanding of current legal and regulatory environment
- Management of a P&L or operating budget
- Co-promotion experience a very strong plus
- Motivated by results, urgency and personal commitment. Possess high integrity and exceptional work ethic. Fosters mutual trust and respect.
- Ability to perform normal and routine office duties
- Able to travel domestically and internationally up to 50% of time
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.