A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Regional Account Manager is a field based commercial role selling BioReliance Biosafety Testing Services to customers across the Southern California area. BioReliance is the world's largest provider of pharma and biopharma GMP manufacturing and biologics safety testing. Industry knowledge and appropriate sales skills are required to promote and sell in the territory to achieve or exceed the sales targets. You would be able to work remotely while proactively driving growth in the sales territory, by being highly self-motivated, assertive and well organised, with excellent time management. You would be able to build relationships, communicate clearly and be collaborative.
- Ensure that the quarterly and annual target is achieved, by gaining and maintaining market share through competitive conversions, customer expansions, and timely reaction to customer inquiries
- Develop a detailed strategic plan to manage your territory; maintain, protect, and seed your business for both short and long term revenue growth
- Know and be known by your customers; maintain regular presence within territory
- Identify your customer’s needs/goals/challenges, and provide solutions to fulfill their needs through the proper positioning of BioReliance Biosafety Testing services and/or knowledge/expertise.
- Inform, train and influence customers.
- Identify and map the key stakeholders and decision makers around projects and opportunities in your territory
- Secure targeted meetings to identify and advance opportunities with your customers
- Follow-up on leads in a timely fashion
- Close action items and customer requests completely and in a timely fashion
- Lead and organize internal partners around presenting to, or supporting your customers; provide input and direction on content, customer needs/drivers, audience profile, etc.
- Create and deliver presentations; coordinate appropriate resources for customer visits
- Provide, an accurate, detailed forecasts for your territory.
- Coordinate and participate in customer audits, technical visits and lunch-n-learn program
- Utilize sales tools regularly and properly to gain efficiencies and to document customer interactions (CRM, tablets, literature, etc)
- Complete all required training in a timely and thorough fashion
- Work collaboratively with business partners (customer service, technical service, field marketing, technology management, demand planning, etc)
- Travel requirement within sales territory is approximately 50%, with minimal international travel.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or related Life Science
- 4+ years of commercial sales experience in the biotech industry
- 1+ years of experience with Microsoft Office products
- 1+ years of experience with CRM software, forecasting tools, and other sales-related programs
- Prior experience selling services or products to pharma and biopharma companies, supporting biologic molecule productions
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical and biotech drug production processes/unit operations
- Ability to generate accurate business forecasts
- Candidates must demonstrate a natural affinity to influence and/or sell to all levels of an organization
- Understands the basics of pricing and can articulate the value or reasons behind pricing
- Utilizes effective negotiation skills; generates results with positive outcomes for both parties
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships; builds credibility and trust
- Self-motivated, assertive, takes initiative and works independently
- Innate curiosity with an understanding of how curiosity benefits all
- Demonstrates ability to persuade, through logic and bottom-line reasoning
- Possesses exceptionally strong conceptual skills – can see the big picture and can translate it compellingly in writing and speech
- Uses skillful questioning to draw out information for diagnosing a situation
- Perceives the impact and the implications of decisions on other components of the company as well as the impact on clients and suppliers
- Anticipates areas of conflict, manages disagreement, and works toward resolution
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.