A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: due to continued business growth, we have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Scientist 1 to join our Virology team in Glasgow. In this role, you will be responsible for the performance of routine and custom GLP / GMP studies and good housekeeping, equipment maintenance and stock control, to ensure the smooth running of the laboratories. The Virology team perform a wide variety of assays for the detection of infectious virus to support development and manufacturing processes within the pharmaceutical industry, making scientific observations and completing documentation to the required industry standards. Responsibilities include working within the laboratory following Standard Operating Procedures and relevant compliance regulations to ensure routine studies are completed on time and accurately recorded to meet appropriate scientific and GLP / GMP regulatory standards.
Who you are:
- You have a HND or higher qualification in Virology or associated Biological Science discipline.
- You will ideally have prior knowledge and experience working to GLP and / or GMP in a similar working environment.
- You will ideally have experience of microscopy, aseptic technique and cell culture.
- Due to the high volume, fast paced nature of our business, you must be experienced to a level where you can cope with volume outputs, as well as being solutions focused when faced with any problems or set-backs.
- You must be highly self-motivated, with strong initiative, facing challenges with energy, drive and the need to finish.
- You will have a strong focus on quality and safety.
- Demonstrate strong planning and organisational skills, and the ability to prioritise effectively.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- You have a good standard of written and spoken English and are computer literate, ideally with prior knowledge of working with LIMS.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com