A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Procurement Governance – Lead Expert
Procurement Governance ensures proper steering of the Group Procurement organization and fulfillment of our board mandate. Our team ensures that the Procurement’s actions are done in a compliant and quality manner. This role is a critical piece in Procurement’s Governance team, responsible to ensure accountability, fairness, transparency, and performance of Procurement and our delegates.
Reporting to the Global Director of Procurement Governance, you will develop and manage our Quality Management strategy roadmap for Procurement to ensure the right level of quality within our processes. You will provide the expertise on Quality Systems for Procurement and develop projects based on industry standards (e.g. ISO) and strategic direction from senior management.
You will also consult with senior leaders to help develop and design our Procurement governance framework and to drive performance through proper oversight.
Key elements for success in this role are:
- Excellent communication, presentation, and project management skills
- Strong orientation towards Quality and Procurement topics, and use/knowledge of current industry methods
- Strong technology orientation and drive for technological solutions
- Ability to organize and collaborate across projects and functional areas (Legal, Compliance, Internal Audit, Quality, etc)
- Strategic and analytical thinker with innovative and agile mindset
Experience & Education required
- Requires a university degree (or equivalent) that provides knowledge of theories, principles and concepts within a discipline.
- Knowledge and training as quality auditor, ISO programs, or other quality systems
- Requires expertise in own specialized discipline or field combined with basic knowledge of the Procurement function
- Multiple years of work experience in quality management, procurement, governance, or other related fields
- Experience consulting with senior leadership and influencing in a global role
- Track record of success with implementing complex projects and navigating matrixed environments
- Fluent in English
Travel: Must be willing to international travel 10-20%
Location: US (Burlington or St. Louis)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.