A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen to join our company as a Taunton Senior Supervisor. You will serve as team member of strategic projects and partner with key functional areas including Planning, Finance, Customer Service, & Manufacturing.
Reporting to the Regional Distribution Manager, the Senior Supervisor will oversee the day-to-day activities of a certain department (Inbound; Outbound; Inventory Control; Returns, etc.) within our Taunton Distribution Center. This individual will supervise the employees and operations to ensure the department’s functions are carried out in an efficient and timely manner. This includes establishing performance standards, monitoring employee performance, and implement programs that will foster efficient processes and best practices. The Supervisor is responsible for adherence with all company operating procedures and government regulations (ISO, GMP, OSHA, DEA, DOT, CFR, IATA, IMO, etc.).
The Senior Supervisor will supervise the department under direction of the department manager. Train employees and maintain corporate quality systems, including ISO registration. You will participate in talent selection process. Engage in performance management and accountability discussions to develop and retain employees. Resolve and maintain employee relations through effective communication for the area including, team meetings and daily interaction. Apply company and department policies consistently. Act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments and provide guidance to staff. Enforce company safety, work and housekeeping standards. Evaluate processes and methods, recommend and implement measures to improve safety. Review chemical handling precautions and ensure employees are trained on safe handling of hazardous chemicals. Respond to emergency situations. Active member of the emergency hazardous materials response team, medical response team or evacuation team. Recognize and initiate near miss reports. Complete accident/incident investigation reports within required time
This employee will conduct audits for compliance to procedures, rules and regulations. Provide feedback for both safe and unsafe actions. Develop and maintain training documents and SOPs in assigned areas. Monitor resources daily and schedules workload and staff accordingly for assigned area to maximize safety, quality, and productivity. Responsible for achieving established safety, quality, delivery, inventory, cost and people goals. Distributes and directs work assignments. Maintain required documentation including unit records, productivity, and activity reports. Monitor labor and materials to control costs. Provide financial justification when recommending equipment purchases. Leads, initiates, promote and actively participate in process improvement initiatives and cross functional teams resulting in safety, quality, productivity and cost saving improvements. Ensure the correct chemicals are received, stored, packed and shipped to meet customer’s expectations and in compliance with all applicable regulations.
The Senior Supervisor will ensure all packages conform to legal requirements for storage, and shipping of hazardous materials (DOT, CFR, IATA and IMO) as well as corporate and Factory Mutual policies. Communicates with customers on special requirements and responds to corrective action requests. Represents department during internal and external audits. Coordinates with Sales & Marketing, Packaging Engineering, Procurement, Production, Packaging, Distribution, Compliance and Carriers and Freight Forwarders to resolve storage, packaging, shipping and customers concerns. Responds to Corrective Action requests (internal and external customers) within designated timeframe. Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned
Occasionally work near moving mechanical parts. May occasionally wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment “PPE” to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles. The work area may occasionally be wet, humid, abnormally hot or cold.
- If performing warehouse/distribution duties: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl for long periods of time. The employee will talk, hear, taste and smell. The employee may occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds unassisted. Employee may occasionally move more than 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision usage of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and the adjusting focus. Employee will sit, stand, hear, and use hands to operate all office equipment. Regularly uses phones, computers, computer monitors and all office and laboratory equipment. The employee is will also type at a computer keyboard and read CRTs/computer monitors for long periods of time
Who Who you are:
Mini Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Chemistry or related discipline OR 5+ years of experience in a Distribution Center or Chemical Manufacturing environment
- 3+ years of Supervisory Experience
- Working with ERP systems
- Lean Six Sigma experience and PMP Certification
- 1+ years’ experience working with Microsoft Power BI Desktop
- Operational experience in a Distribution Center or in Chemical Manufacturing
- Willingness to travel 10% domestic and internationally with ability to travel on short notice
- Oracle and Business Objects reporting
- Possess a strong track record as a change agent and innovator in developing and deploying new strategies.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of the business and key market drivers that have an impact on Distribution as well as other related functions
- Computer skills and Analytical knowledge
- Knowledge in working with a 3rd party logistics company
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.