A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The BioMonitoring business field of MilliporeSigma is seeking an Application Specialist to support the growth strategy of the pharma sector.
BioMonitoring is focused on supporting the microbiology needs of the Pharmaceutical Industry who manufacture therapeutics, vaccines, and diagnostic products. You will be required to consistently achieve sales targets established by the sales manager. In addition, you will submit accurate forecasts on a timely basis.
The Application Specialist will work collaboratively with client quality assurance and quality control groups in the territory, utilizing internal partners such as Field Marketing and Technology Specialists as necessary to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. Deliver solid presentations as it relates to strategy and/or business review meetings and POA’s at the territory and customer levels.
This position will require prioritizing and managing a territory through planned coverage and interaction with key accounts, thought leaders and end users. Proactively pursue and follow up on sales opportunities for microbial limits, bioburden, sterility testing, environment monitoring and rapid microbial detection and mycoplasma technologies.
50% travel throughout designated territory of Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, New Mexico and Arizona.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in any field of study.
- 3+ years of sales experience in life sciences market.
- Sales competency which includes selling skills, relationship building, call planning, territory development, follow-up and closing skills.
- Experience within pharmaceutical development or technology implementation is a plus.
- Familiarity with GMP Validation, quality control processes and manufacturing of pharmaceutical products is a plus with an emphasis on the quality control programs required in pharmaceutical / biotechnology production environment.
- Experience in preparing and implementing tactical business plans at territory level and account level.
- Capability of establishing relationships at all appropriate account levels to close the sales process.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate information appropriate to the level of the audience.
- Relevant business acumen in the Pharmaceutical & Biotech market.
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office software in a business environment.
- Knowledge of varying supply chain procurement processes and or options.
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization inspiring teamwork to achieve results.
- Technical competency demonstrated in product knowledge, product application and product positioning and competitive environment in the Microbiology discipline (focus in Bioburden, Environmental Monitoring and Sterility is a plus).
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.