A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: MilliporeSigma is seeking a Segment Strategy manager for the Research Solutions business unit. This individual will be a member of the Commercial Marketing team and serve as a regional expert on North American customer segments and exploration into new markets. This includes Academic, Government, Pharmaceutical, CRO, and Biotechnology customer segments.
- Analyze current market trends across prioritized customer segments. Validate current go-to-market plan to ensure preparation for growth opportunities or market disruptions
- Partner with team members and business partners to uncover and maintain categorical knowledge of competitive intelligence, funding trends, project pipelines, etc. across customer segments
- Identify and analyze buying behaviors, research needs, and solution required to meet goals of customer segment through Voice of Customer and Voice of Employee reviews
- Serve as primary lead for development and execution of annual market strategy meeting and delivery to stakeholders.
- Lead cross-functional initiatives and maintain strategic focus to deliver on goal(s)
- Develop and/or contribute to framework consistency and innovations for consultative (workflow) selling across market segments
- Learn and become subject matter expert in external and internally-developed databases required for extraction and analysis of market intelligence
- Explain market intel through quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Confident and dynamic communication and presentation of findings, results, etc. to various stakeholders
- Represent Commercial Marketing in meetings such as quarter business reviews, sales organization training, stakeholder meetings, etc.
- Generate and/or coordinate regional voice of customer, market, sales organization to support development of market campaigns or investments
- Support the identification and execution of consultative selling campaigns
Who you are:
- BA/BS with 8+ years’ experience, MS degree with 3+ years’ experience
- Knowledge and experience related to scientific research in either academic or pharmaceutical environment
- Technical understand of life science or Chemistry field
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving, project/time management, written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting and build constructive relationships with stakeholders in a matrix organization
- Excellent Excel & presentation skills
- Ability to extract insights from data and use it to make informed recommendations and drive decisions
- Ability to travel up to 15% of time within North America
- BA/BS in life science or quantitative field
- 7+ years in a strategic role within the Life Science tools space (e.g. strategy, product management, market research, other)
- Advanced degrees in science or MBA preferred
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.