Show All Results
Field Sales Account Manager
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Life Sciences division is looking for an outgoing, results orientated individual who has a passion for life sciences to join our team as Account Manager covering regional spend across all internal locations. This position will be part of Research Global Strategic Accounts (GSA), with exposure to the GSA program. The successful candidate will join a recently expanded team in a new dedicated position that will take internal spend data analyzed from all AA locations including Healthcare, Performance Materials and MLS and execute on opportunities to grow internal business directly between segments.
This unique opportunity promotes internal MilliporeSigma to all locations buying behaviors whilst giving meaningful insights back to the commercial team regarding portfolio competitiveness. The Field Sales Account Manager is responsible for protecting and increasing MilliporeSigma’s market share and revenue by working closely with internal sites and identifying new business opportunities. Additionally, you need to understand the competitive advantage of MilliporeSigma and achieve excellence in the territory by building upon the company’s reputation.
The Field Sales Account Manager will focus on a set of specific internal sites (determined by volume, geography and potential) and is expected to meet or exceed set sales targets, through growing direct MilliporeSigma spend and creating/executing on additional business opportunities. You will utilize call planning, pipeline management, lead identification and qualification, proactive sales calling and performance monitoring to drive the sales and achieve the set sales target. He/she will also be required to work closely with colleagues from other business units and functions such as Technical Services, Marketing, Technical Management, Sales Support, Customer Service, Manufacturing and Supply Chain. Travel locally approximately 10% with occasional domestic & international
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, biology, chemistry or related discipline
- 1+ years of lab experience
- 3+ years of business-to-business sales experience or customer facing experience
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in meeting/exceeding sales targets and or customer facing experience
- Previous sales experience with knowledge of key account management
- Relevant technical knowledge
- Able to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team
- Self-motivated, able to prioritize and take initiative, strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Fluent English required
- Ability to produce and interpret sales data in various formats
- Able to manage multiple tasks and plans time and priorities in an effective manner to achieve goals for sustainable results
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships; builds credibility and trust with internal partners and customers
- A committed learner, dedicated to continuously increasing knowledge and skills
- Strong listening skills to address the needs of customers and internal partners.
- Skillful questioning to draw out information for diagnosing a situation
- Able to work closely with functional support organizations to effectively achieve goals.
- Understands the basics of pricing and can articulate the value or reasons behind pricing through effective negotiation
- Generates accurate business forecasts
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and implementing tactical business plans at the territory level and account level.
- Demonstrated capability of establishing relationships at all appropriate account levels to close the sales process.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate information appropriate to the level of the audience.
- Relevant business acumen to the Life Science market.
- Demonstrated ability with Excel, Microsoft Office software, Salesforce or other CRM in a business environment.
- Knowledge of varying supply chain procurement processes and or options.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed organization inspiring teamwork to achieve results
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.