A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Senior Specialist for Planning & Sourcing develops material requirements for production and procurement to meet customer demand and ensure supply reliability. In addition, the Senior Specialist sources and procures complex small molecule new products for the Burlington Bioactive Small Molecules product line.
The Senior Specialist for Planning & Sourcing uses planning functions within SAP to determine resupply requirements of catalog products for production and procurement. The Senior Specialist uses extensive knowledge of complex organic molecules, scientific databases and highly specialized suppliers to source and procure new bioactive small molecule products. May also source and procure catalog products and raw materials for production.
Who you are:
- Works effectively across teams using knowledge and best practices to improve products and services
- Proficient in spreadsheets and databases
- Experienced in managing and prioritizing multiple tasks and deadlines
- Able to interact effectively at different levels, site management, local or regional teams, auditors
- Develops processes and standards
- Solves complex problems using advanced, sophisticated analytical skills and judgement
- May lead a small team of direct reports
- Education Level and Languages Required – Graduate level degree, PhD in chemistry or related discipline preferred, English speaking
- Professional Skills, Qualifications and Experience – Substantial professional experience, good to excellent knowledge of chemistry
- Travel Requirements - none
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.