A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
As Principal Scientist Clinical Biomarkers you will be accountable for the execution and evaluation of biomarker investigations employing cutting-edge ligand binding assay platforms and/or flow cytometry, such as assay development, transfer, and validation up to and including clinical samples testing from our clinical trials (Phase i – IV) at our external service provider(s). The monitoring of assay performance across (clin.) studies will be equally important. The ideal candidate will be experienced in biomarker data analysis applying a variety of tools and delivering the evaluation via verbal or written communication and reporting in an effective and timely manner. You will be working closely together with your colleagues and project teams within and beyond our function who are taking care of the biomarker strategies to deliver on our common goals. The assessment of new technologies and platforms as subject matter expert for their employment in biomarker research and usability in clinical trials will complement your responsibilities, also overseeing large-scale multi-plexing approaches and ‘omics’ technologies (proteomic, metabolomics).
Who you are:
- You have a Ph.D in Biological/Pharmaceutical Science discipline with 4+ years experience in a scientific laboratory role or in the life science industry.
- You have knowledge in biomarker discovery and assay development.
- Experience with cell culture, flow cytometry, LC-MS/MS and multiple immuno assay/multiplexing techniques will be highly desirable.
- Experience in handling and isolation of human immune cells and conducting functional immune cells assays is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to write scientific reports and publications
- Knowledge of GLPs, FDA and EMA bioanalytical guidance/guideline and best practices in biomarker analysis is preferred.
- You have a good standard of written and spoken English and are computer literate
- You have strong capacity to work as a member of the team.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills are required.
- Attention to detail is required
- You have good communication and interpersonal skills
- You are self-motivated with strong initiative and drive
- Good intercutlural understanding
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com