A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At MilliporeSigma, the software & automation group is embarking on an exciting journey to develop next generation Digital Bioprocessing applications leveraging Information and Operational technologies. As an Electronics Hardware Engineer you will be responsible for reinforcing the project team with the contribution of your competence and expertise in the design, development, and testing of system hardware solutions in a multi-product environment. You will work as a member of an international and multicultural team. As an experienced engineer, you will also participate in the validation of the hardware system developed by teams.
Responsibilities will include defining and establishing an overall Digital Bioprocessing hardware and electrical architecture as well as exploring, publishing and implementing secure hardware for Digital Bioprocessing platform.
You will work closely with multiple hardware vendors and internal system team for Digital Bioprocessing platform hardware selection and implementation and will collaborate with marketing, solution management and product owners on both internal and external communication.
In addition, the Electronics Hardware Engineer will look for new hardware technological solutions with project team for Digital Bioprocessing platform enhancement and evaluate sensors required for Digital Bioprocessing platform.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or related Engineering discipline with 3+ years electronic hardware with PLC experience including 2+ years' experience with Windows Operating System.
- 4+ years of electronic hardware experience with an in-depth understanding of Industrial PC, Embedded Controllers, network infrastructure and security.
- 3+ years’ experience and hands-on Computer hardware, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) like Siemens, Allen Bradley, Wago etc.
- Complete understanding of electrical safety and good working practices.
- Complete understanding of electrical international standard.
- Ability to design, develop and test complex electrical circuit. Able to understand and create wiring diagram using commercial tools.
- Experience of Windows OS installation, Device driver development and configuration.
- Working experience with Networking, Windows Server Security Policies, and firewall configurations.
- Knowledge in commercial Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems like Delta-V, Wonderware, iFix etc. preferred
- Excellent and effective interpersonal and communication skills with a fluency in the English language
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.