A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
We value inclusion, that's why we invite you to join our team as Country Medical Director Chile - Peru
- Medical Administrator and Scientific enabler that will design and drive the Medical alignment in the country as a senior member of the CLT (Country Leadership Team) and partnering with Market Access and Commercial teams.
- Accountable to guarantee effective and successful Country Medical Governance by: translating regional strategy into local plans, management of KTL processes and ensuring appropriated Medical Capabilities (Training & education strategy) and people management
- To lead, integrate and align the medical-scientific strategies of each Therapeutic Area in the “Country Leadership Team”
- Leadership position in providing the strategic Medical Direction in the assigned Country partnering with CLT members and partnering with Key External stakeholders to foster a strong Medical Affairs Network
- Defining and executing Country Medical Priorities, ensure adherence to highest scientific and quality standards to sustain and accelerate further company’s successful positioning in the market.
- Represents the Medical Affairs LATAM guaranteeing Medical Governance in the assigned Country for all related duties and interactions inside and outside and with all stakeholders
- Aligns with all GMA, MAP and Commercial partners as well as all other business stakeholders to define and ensure overall Medical objectives that must be achieved and aligned with Local, Regional & Global strategies
- Define strategic scientific contribution and generate Medical Value to the CLT working in close collaboration with BUH, Market Access Director and GM to define Country Business strategies
- To design and lead the execution of the Medical Affairs Strategic Plans (MASP) within the Life Cycle of the products, aligned with the GMA & GDS MASP and with the Regional/ Global/Local Medical & Marketing imperatives
- Relation Leadership with top KTLs, institutions and academies
- Define the development of scientific activities and approved clinical studies at the Country level
- Management of Medical Affairs Local Team such as Medical Managers, MSLs, MSL Coordinators and PSP
- Coordinator guarantee that the Medical – MAP –Commercial model is implemented at the Country level
- Guarantee that scientific support to the different BU is provided in order to ensure that medical and educational needs are covered of internal and external "stakeholders".
- Guarantee scientific support and work with the MAP function in order to reduce access barriers for patients
- Promote open communication and Contribute to RCO to support the development of Global Studies, Local or
- ISTs with Products approved by GMADB and the Health Authorities.
- Coaching to his Medical Team and Peers in medical matters
- Defining and establishing appropriate procedures with regard to global, regional and local clinical programs,
- scientific medical input; expanding and strengthening of KTLs relationships
- Maintaining excellent internal connections at global, regional and affiliate level; leading medical advisory
- boards and collaborative group meetings; representing the region to MA
- Collaborate with compliance program of the company Ensure that appropriate standards and policies are
- assured for all relevant technical aspects of the company’s activities in the Medical Affairs Therapeutic Area.
- Guarantee adequate management in implementation of quality documents
- Guarantee that Medical Affairs team will receive updated training when necessary.
Financial Dimension – Strategic Impact
- Define and guarantee execution of the Country Medical Affairs activities budget
- Define and guarantee execution of local Medical Team Budget
- Defines the country Medical Affairs strategy with specific tactics to advance awareness and knowledge regarding the Company, products portfolio, disease states and pertinent research activities
- In alignment with Country GM and in Teamwork with MAP and Commercial areas, design country and KOL- specific strategies to fulfill educational gaps and ensure the safe and appropriate use of Company products
Scope of People Responsibility
- Main responsible for Medical People management (the ability to attract, develop and retain talent)
- Contributes to the continual improvement and development of the local Medical team and department, and his local and international peers
- Engages with Key Opinion Leaders, Physicians, Investigators, Medical Societies, Health Insurance
- Administrators and Auditors, Health Authorities in high level discussions
- Guarantees that the medical team Identifies areas to capture local data to develop value propositions and engage with different stakeholders to implement Outcomes Research
- Engages and teamwork with Marketing Team, Market Access Team, Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacovigilance, Medical Information, Business Development Team, Clinical Operation, and Medical Global Functions.
- Engages and teamwork with CLT colleagues to define and guarantee the execution of medical initiatives, participating in cross-functional initiatives, etc.
- Collaborates on the development of the Core Strategic Plan with Market Access
Who you are:
- University degree (Doctor) as Physician is requested
- Mastership, Fellowship or Clinical Specialization is requested
- Proved training/experience in Epidemiology, RWD, Clinical Pharmacology and/or Administration is requested
- Formal administrative training strongly preferred
- Professional, clinical or research experience required
- Previous Medical Director experience preferred
- Previous Medical Manager experience required
- Previous MSL experience preferred
- Previous experience leading teams and/or mentoring new hires and working in teamwork required
Job-Specific Competencies & Skills
- Ability to work and develop Highly Effective Strategic Teams
- Proved ability to lead and develop medical teams/preferred
- Strong leadership skills required (direct team or matricial organization)
- Ability to build ongoing and productive relationships throughout the organization to achieve business goals
- Capability to transmit administrative plans and outcomes (write reports)
- Auto management capabilities (capable of demonstrating last experiences)
- Strategic thinking with sound basic medical principles and she/he must understand implications and relationship with Marketing and MAP departments (Demonstrable experience in team working experience)
- English language competency (minimum 90%- written and oral) and fluency in local language
- Advanced scientific knowledge, relationship building, networking and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated leadership, teaching and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think strategically
- Master communicator to HCPs and peers, in both small and large groups
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Fair knowledge of evidence-based medicine concepts, applied biostatistics and Pharmacoeconomics are desirable
- Fair knowledge of Pubmed/ medical databases search tools is desirable
- Critical analysis of medical literature
- Objections handling
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com