A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Lab Supervisor (LS) will oversee a wide variety of assays or tests within the laboratory required to characterize material and/or processes, in addition to supervision of associate scientists in the lab. Maintain detailed workbooks/documentation and ensure all documentation fulfills generally accepted professional/industry standards. Candidate will maintain an understanding of technological principles and application of the organization’s services.
- Possess technical knowledge and analytical ability to perform and analyze data for commercial studies and R & D projects performed in the lab.
- Keep the Study Director(s)/Scientist(s), Account Manager(s), and Project Manager(s) informed of study status, technical problems and other issues which could impact studies.
- Coordinate (schedule) all activities associated with the lab.
- Lead weekly lab meetings and discuss the experimental design for incoming studies with the lab technicians.
- Track study progression and ensure all timelines are met up to the draft reporting stage.
- Ensure the lab has the required scientific equipment, instrumentation, and computer systems; ensure they are kept in a validated state.
- Ensure that training levels are maintained for all technicians, and the training needs are identified and addressed as appropriate.
- Demonstrate consistently good communication and interpersonal skills with employees, management and sponsors.
- Ensure the training files for all employees are up to date with the necessary training.
- Drive the necessary cost control and process improvement actions to ensure the budget is met.
- Lead by example; offer coaching and mentoring to all other staff.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement within the department. Act as a champion on initiatives and/or projects to drive improvement in quality and/or client service.
- Keep the next level manager informed of study status, technical problems and other issues which impact the lab.
- Track all business metrics as they apply to the specific department, and take action when adverse trends or other issues arise.
- Complete performance reviews fairly and on-time; conduct regular one-on-one discussions with employees; ensure development plans are in place for all key staff members.
- Adheres to applicable safety SOPs and follow applicable safe work practices.
- Adheres to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 standard for laboratory testing as specified in applicable standard operating procedures or quality manual.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Review all protocol designs prior to assigning studies to technicians.
- Ensure all guidelines are followed with respect to the Bacterial Mutation assay and Formulations procedures or as applicable.
- Ensure all employees in the department are up to date with all required training (example, health and safety training).
- Work closely with the Principal Scientists and Report Writers.
Who you are:
- BA/BS in scientific discipline with 7+ years of experience.
- AA degree in scientific discipline with 7+ years of experience
- MA/MS Preferred
- Some working knowledge of a research laboratory.
- Experience in performing a variety of assays including, but not limited to preparation, dosing, and scoring Ames tests.
- Ability to analyze data and interpret results.
- Possess good interpersonal and strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated and detail oriented with good organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to multitask and work independently or in a team environment with minimum supervision.
- Good computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and database software applications, specifically MS Office (Word and Excel). RSRMS
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.