Show All Results
Viral Gene Therapy Licensing and Business Development Manager
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
You will help MilliporeSigma realize the potential of Cell and Gene Therapy to transform lives by advancing the industrialization of our viral vector CDMO service and viral vector cell line product offering. The VGT Business Development and Licensing Manager is responsible for driving and closing new business opportunities, with typical contract value in the millions of dollar range. You will:
- Drive sales for new business opportunities by leveraging technical and industry expertise for generating sales from existing or new customers for
- a) the viral vector product portfolio within a region and/or territory,
- b) license negotiations for VirusExpress viral vector cell line throughout the adoption cycle.
- Develop negotiation and pricing strategies by integrating company strategies and operations, examining risks and potentials estimating customer needs and goals; enable other commercial team members with these strategies.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements, developing negotiating contracts, integrating contract requirements and business operations.
- Travel about 50%. Can work remotely.
Who you are:
You are an expert collaborator, adept at work in a multi-cultural environment with the capability of managing diversity. You are an experienced negotiator in maximizing the long-term value for our business and closing discussions with customers. You are also action oriented with a high-level drive for results and perseverance, acting in professional and positive manner always. You work independently, by being strongly goal oriented and self-motivated. You are fluent in English, with superior communication and presentation skills which are used to convince and inspire internal and external partners to get their buy in and commitment.
- Bachelors Degree in Science, Engineering, or Business.
- 5+ years in a strategic sales role within a Life Sciences or Pharmaceutical company with a proven business and sales development track record.
- Exposure to bioproduction manufacturing.
- Experience with business development and/or licensing.
- Graduate studies or MBA preferred.
- Viral vector manufacturing highly preferred.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.