A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Senior Scientist, Advanced Cell Culture Technologies (limited to 18 months)
The Advanced Cell Culture Technology team focuses on understanding the chemistry of cell culture media and developing new cell culture media components. We are currently seeking a highly motivated and innovative Senior Scientist who will apply his scientific knowledge and leadership to advance the current understanding behind cell culture media.
The successful candidate will:
- Design, develop and optimize new products and strategies for biopharmaceutical applications.
- Implement new cutting-edge technologies in the field of biology, chemistry or analytics
- Lead junior scientists in the design, execution and interpretation of scientific experiments.
- Be responsibility for lab infrastructure, instrument maintenance, documentation and qualification.
- Maintains proactive role in sales and marketing support.
- Establish and maintain collaborations with other departments or universities.
- Write comprehensive scientific reports, patent applications and scientific publications
Who you are
- min. PhD chemistry, biochemistry or biological Sciences, with a focus in biotechnology with 4-5 years of experience
- Experience in mammalian cell/tissue culture techniques
- Experience with microbioreactors cell culture screening system and metabolic analyses using advanced analytical methods.
- Experience with robotics, high-throughput cell culture techniques as well as cutting edge analytics (metabolomics, transcriptomics …)
- Ability to apply statistical designs, perform statistical analysis and use MVDA to analyze highly complex datasets.
- Strong skills in critical thinking, laboratory experimentation and data analysis. Ability to multitask and maintain organized data systems.
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work in team environment
- Fluency in English (oral & written). German is a plus
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com