A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Associate Quality Scientist position (Second Shift) will be responsible for safely performing operations that support our manufacturing departments as well as performing stability testing and other custom requests. The candidate will be expected to meet and exceed customer and regulatory body quality expectations for a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) facility, as well as have an understanding of how continuous improvements help us achieve our departmental goals by increasing efficiencies. The position is within the ADC Stability and Release team. It involves testing in accordance with GMP requirements in a laboratory environment, which is routinely audited by customers and regulatory agencies. The Associate Quality Scientist may actively participate in audits and assist in resolving any audit findings. While this is currently a day position, there are times when shift work is necessary to support in process testing during manufacturing campaigns. This is a second shift position. Typical work hours will be Monday through Friday 2:00pm to 10:30pm. Shifts may vary based on manufacturing schedules.
- Ensure quality through adherence to GMP requirements. Verify training before performing tasks/assignments –
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g. maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste disposal)
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of supervisor
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines and Good Documentation Practice (GDP) requirements.
- Ability to accurately perform procedures independently
- Use of personal protective equipment such as a respirator or chemical protective clothing for extended periods of time.
- Occasional lifting and pushing up to 40 pounds
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a life science discipline, such as Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or Chemical Engineering
- 1+ year of work experience in a lab setting
- 2+ years of work experience with GMP testing requirements and associated documentation highly preferred
- Familiarity with general laboratory instrumentation and troubleshooting capabilities for when problems occur; for example, identifying instrumental errors or subtleties in technique
- Able to excel in a team setting in a dynamic environment where shifting priorities are not uncommon
- Knowledge of safe chemical handling methods
- Analytical capabilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.