A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Senior Director, GEVD Business Platform Lead, is accountable for the development and execution of global strategic and tactical value plans for the business platform across key regions, countries (inclusive of the US) and healthcare decider groups involved in value-based decision making.
The Senior Director leads a professional and experienced team of GEVD Strategy Directors.
The Business Platform Lead supervises the Value & Access Strategy Team (VAST), which is tailored to different healthcare system archetypes and their specific patient access requirements during launch rollout and LCM. Its sub-teams comprise cross-functional global and regional professionals, and representatives from all launch countries with a broad span of levels and roles. The VAST is at peer to Global Development, Global Medical Affairs and Global Commercial Teams.
The GEVD Business Platform Lead is ultimately accountable for the comparative value strategy across different healthcare systems, stakeholder segments and decider groups, all deliverables during launch roll-out and LCM. This includes accountability for the integrated Real-World Evidence Strategy.
The Senior Director is ultimately accountable for sustained evidence-based patient access across geographies. The candidate co-leads market access committees and co-owns market access roll-out across functions and geographies.
The candidate shares accountability for the continued Integrated Development Plan (iDP) and LCM strategy, and represents the VAST in the Global Product Team, Franchise and Launch Teams.
The GEVD Portfolio Platform Lead directly interacts as trusted scientific partner with regulatory authorities, health authorities, healthcare decision makers, payers, patient advocacy groups and key thought leaders.
- Leads the team of GEVD Strategy Directors for the Business Platform.
- Supervises the Value and Access Strategy Team (VAST) and is accountable for the development of key deliverables across geographies, healthcare systems, stakeholder segments and decider groups, including comparative value strategies, evidence development strategies, healthcare authority interaction plans, external stakeholder and expert mapping and collaboration plans, advisory boards, integrated real world evidence plans, patient centered medicines development strategies, scientific publication and communication plans, healthcare economic decision models, Global Master Value Dossiers, HTA & Managed Markets roll out maps, and HTA submission reviews/approvals across geographies.
- Solves problems around evidence-based comparative value management, value-based decision making and patient access across geographies, healthcare systems, stakeholder segments and decider groups, with a broad business impact.
- Oversees sizeable platform budget.
- Accountable for sustained evidence-based patient access across geographies. Co-leads market access committees and co-owns market access roll-out across functions and geographies.
- Shares accountability for the integrated development strategy and LCM strategy. Ensures seamless fit of VAST deliverables and timelines with iDP and related decision points.
- Represents the VAST in the Global Product Team, Franchise Team and Launch Team.
- Oversees collaboration with and beyond (global, regional, local) VAST functions, such as Program Leadership, Clinical Development, Clinical Operations, Regulatory Affairs, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Drug Safety, Medical Affairs, Medical Communication, Market Access & Pricing, HEOR, Legal, Governmental Policy, Patient Advocacy, Business Franchise, Global Strategic Insights, Business Development, Commercial.
- Establishes scientific leadership by developing and publishing evidence in close collaboration with external regulatory, scientific and decision-maker networks. Serves as scientific spokesperson for the platform throughout launch roll-out and LCM and presents at relevant scientific congresses or other events.
- Directly interacts as trusted scientific partner with regulatory authorities, health authorities, healthcare decision makers, payers, patient advocacy groups and key thought leaders.
- Sets goals for platform VAST and sub-teams, defines metrics and provides status updates to senior executive leadership while maximizing efficiencies for the business. Impacts performance across VAST functions and is ultimately accountable for related objectives in the Global Product Team and Launch Team.
- Advises the development of new assets in the same indication based upon in-depth scientific and business experience.
- Collaborates with other platforms, also in other therapeutic areas to ensure consistent interphase with pan-therapeutic area partners
- Key partner in business development and due diligence activities.
- Ensures required capability building and capacity planning.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree with 10 plus years of experience, or master’s degree in Health Economics, Public Health, Health Services Research, Epidemiology, or relevant degree with 5 plus years or PhD with 3 plus years of experience
- Scientific, Medical or Pharmaceutical Doctor, who is additionally graduated in relevant disciplines (health services research, epidemiology, biostatistics, health care economics, outcomes research, public health, etc.)
- 10+ years of work experience in the conduct of evidence-based comparative value management and healthcare decision making across geographies.
- Substantial strategic and technical knowledge in HTA and value-based decision making in key healthcare systems, and related program development.
- Extensive experience of planning and delivering evidence generation strategies; this includes strong experience in research protocol design, execution and publication. Ability to analyze, synthesize, interpret, compare and present or publish medical data and results.
- Significant experience and external scientific credibility in the respective therapeutic area (Oncology or Immunology/Neurology)
- Excellent communication skills across functions, hierarchies and geographies. Ability to integrate and present complex comparative scientific data across a variety of internal and external expert and decision-making audiences. Ability to communicate in a precise, reliable, unambiguous and timely manner.
- Scientific and strategic mindset paired with business acumen. Aptitude in translating strategy into tactics, setting priorities, making decisions and identifying and mitigating risk.
- Proven ability to work effectively across functions and achieving results in diverse, international matrix organizations. Ability to define problems and seek alternate business solutions based on solid scientific judgement
- Excellent inter-personal and influencing skills
- Cultural sensitivity and emotional intelligence
- High standard of ethical and intellectual integrity
- Excellent knowledge of Scientific Compliance industry practices internationally and in US
- Willingness to travel as required up to 25%
- Management experience of direct reports.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.