- Initiate, develop/maintain contacts with KOLs and external groups to enhance scientific exchange, understanding of the external environment, advocacy, clinical trial activities (company sponsored and ISTs) and response to questions
- Devise relevant educational meetings, symposia and advisory board meetings within specialist TA
- Support clinicians and pharmacists in compiling the clinical sections of regional funding applications upon request
- Attend International & national symposia to support HCPs, discuss newly presented data and update own knowledge and company understanding of current trends in therapy area.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and implement product strategy and be the lead on the relevant medical strategic and tactical plan.
- Manage the planning and tracking of the medical budget and ensure timely reporting on the activities and KPI‘s
- Advise medical and marketing teams of the potential impact of company/competitor data and environmental changes to our business
- As appropriate, write/manage the clinical section of Health Technology Appraisals in conjunction with the Market Access Department and external providers
- Lead on the strategic alignment of the MSL activities with the overall medical plan, including induction/onboarding, training, supporting and mentoring the team.
- Ensure a high level of scientific knowledge is achieved and maintained within the medical team by ensuring a continuous flow of information, collaborating with colleagues, attending scientific meetings and congresses, and engaging with external thought leaders
- Act as final nominated medical signatory according to the ABPI/IPHA/ABHI Code of Practice for review/certification of materials and activities
- Develop relevant local publications according to medical plan
- Identify and report all adverse events promptly and appropriately
- Comply with all UK regulatory guidelines and company SOPs in relation to the Pharmaceutical and devices Codes of Practice, and all other authorities
- Lead development of the country Medical Affairs Plan, deliver medical strategic tactics and support the clinical development plan, and adapt throughout the year as appropriate
- Provide key medical insights and input to cross-functional therapy area teams, contributing to the overall strategic direction for the franchise locally and for Global Medical Affairs, with input incorporated into the Country Brand Plan (CPB) and ongoing activities and strategic direction throughout the year
Key Internal relationships
Medical dept, marketing and sales teams, clinical operations, regulatory, market access, patient safety and compliance, both local and global as required.
Medical Degree and GMC registration or UK registered Pharmacist.
Final Medical Signatory Level (ABPI & IPHA)
Previous experience working in Medical Affairs
In depth knowledge of relevant Codes of practice
In depth knowledge of Reproductive Medicine (gynaecology and/or embryology and/or andrology)
To all recruitment agencies/suppliers: we are lucky enough to receive fantastic applications and have an in house recruitment team. Therefore unless you are formally requested by a member of the in house recruitment team to support us and then given access to our portal you are not engaged to work with us. Please do not contact hiring managers directly or send speculative profiles or CVs - we will not accept these as an introduction and you will not be paid any fee or considered for our preferred supplier list.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.