A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The main responsibilities for this position are to manage, develop and grow the MilliporeSigma business with a highly engaged sales team within specified pharmaceutical manufacturing and third-party testing accounts. A key aspect of this role will be strong leadership of the team, driving the revenue and strategic goals. You will also need to collaborate with internal support teams to protect and grow the business by diversification of the product mix and market share gains. This role will be responsible for achieving revenue goals through consumable and small hardware product lines in the assigned region. Strong customer focus, collaboration and centricity is critical to ensure that the customer’s needs are both understood and managed in a proactive and professional manner.
The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of basic scientific procedures, testing methods, and regulations used within the pharmaceutical industry coupled with the ability to listen, identify customer needs, and provide solutions. Candidate must possess effective sales techniques, business acumen, and presentation skills to successfully support their team in order grow profitable revenue through multiple sales channels.
You will be expected to meet or exceed the assigned sales targets, as well as provide detailed and accurate forecasts at scheduled intervals. Your team will be expected to grow the business by presenting MilliporeSigma products and services and understanding the customer’s applications and commercial needs to advance new opportunities. The following activities will also be expected: Coordinate with sales channels (distributors) to ensure all opportunities are realized; monitor and understand competitor’s market and product positions; participates in trade shows and present product and technical information at seminars; coordinates all customer enquiries, plant audits and contract negotiations.
Position requires 60% travel visiting customers within assigned region and meeting attendance. You will be field based when not traveling. The region is the Northeast and Canada.
Who you are:
- BS in Science, Technology or Business (Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or similar science degree).
- 5+ years of experience in a sales or account management role.
- 2+ years of experience managing a team.
- Professional experience in the Pharmaceutical industry selling into the scientific arena.
- Broad based knowledge of basic scientific procedures, testing methods, and equipment coupled with the ability to analyze customer needs and provide product solutions.
- Effective written and oral communication.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills to develop direct reports and fellow teammates.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Commercial acumen to negotiate long term supply agreements and working with dealers.
- Highly goal oriented and self-motivated, capable of working with minimal direction.
- Self-starter, proactive individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to be autonomous and to work in a multicultural environment.
- Collaborative with experience working in a complex matrixed organization.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.