A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Activities / responsibilities:
1. Research market and competition in gene editing, cell and gene therapy
- Develop overview of key competition and their profiles
- Conduct primary and secondary research on market trends impacting these market segments
2. Support implementation of growth strategy
- Conduct market research and expert interviews to pressure test our assumptions and offerings
- Develop implementation plan with business owners
- Help assemble the full presentation
We are looking for someone who is a curious and fast learner, strong in quantitative analysis and research skills, with an interest in the intersection of business and science.
- An advanced science degree (PhD or Master) in Chemical Engineering, Microbiology, Biochemistry, or Cell Biology, with demonstrated interest in business or strategy
- An MBA with scientific background either in undergraduate studies or from prior work experience
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.