A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At MilliporeSigma we are involved in innovation and new technologies development in the Biomedical Materials areas. We focus on enabling scientific communities with new reagents and tools to solve challenges in life science. We are seeing an Associate Scientist to provide much needed support in innovation and product commercialization for the realization of our R&D mission. Under the supervision of a Sr. Scientist/R&D leaders, the Associate Scientist will work in multidisciplinary areas of biomedical materials. This individual will contribute to the new technology development and ideation of products. He/she will also participate in collaborations with our partners in Business Development, Product Management, Sales, and Manufacturing.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, Biology or other related Scientific discipline
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, Biology or related Scientific discipline
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, Biology or related Scientific discipline with 3+ years working experience in biomedical materials, hydrogels or polymer synthesis.
- Hands-on laboratory experience in chemical synthesis; familiarity with polymer and hydrogel synthesis is highly desirable
- Experience in cell culture and biological testing with cells is a plus
- Acquaintance with chemical analysis using wide variety of tools including spectroscopic (NMR, IR, UV etc.) and chromatographic (HPLC, GC etc.) techniques
- Manufacturing of products that contain chemicals, polymers and biomedical materials
- Highly motivated, independent and a self-starter with excellent technical skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and effectively.
- Good communicator, team player, easily adaptable to changing circumstances and embrace new ideas.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt new skills and technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity in working with computers and use of common software for day-to-day tasks.
- This individual is expected to set a high-quality standard for accuracy in following good laboratory practices, and in complying with all safety regulations.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.