A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Reporting to the Membrane Senior Quality Engineer, this person is a key member of the Membrane Quality team and key support to the membrane manufacturing team. This person will be the Quality Engineer for manufacturing in a limited-term contract of 12 months.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all operational quality aspects associated with product manufacture and release.
- Supports the quality management system to ensure the timely release of products and that products and processes comply with the relevant product specifications.
- Promotes compliance excellence within the company to customer requirements and applicable regulations, e.g. 9001
- Management of complaints systems, tracking, issuing of reports, ensuring effective corrective and preventative actions and timely closeout.
- Investigate Quality problems associated with the production department and implement effective corrective and preventive measures
- Ensures key quality metrics (CAPA management, First Pass Quality, Complaints, etc) are attained.
- Drive/support & implement continuous improvement projects with the operations team using Process Excellence lean/six sigma tools.
- Ensures the pertinent corporate quality and regulatory standards are attained.
- Maintains strong communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Participates / supports the Internal and External Audit Programme.
- Ensure accurate and effective quality system documentation and reports.
- Handling customer queries and issues.
Who You Are
- Level 8 in a Science or Engineering related discipline.
- 1-year experience in a Quality role in the healthcare industry desired
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- A good understanding of problem-solving and quality improvement tools and techniques.
- Excellent written and oral communications
- A strong Team player who can also work well on their own initiative
- Good attention to detail
We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!