A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As a User Experience designer at Millipore Sigma you’ll be at the front line of innovation and technology, helping to bring ideas from concept to implementation. The User Experience designer is an analytical problem solver that can synthesize user research and business requirements into intuitive design solutions that deliver a compelling user experience to our customers balanced with an understanding of our business goals. The User Experience designer is responsible for the strategic design of, and for taking a lead role in driving the implementation of projects. Designers work as part of the user experience team in a highly collaborative interdisciplinary environment.
- Translating business and user requirements into design solutions for end-users and other stakeholders
- Proposing pragmatic solutions that are consistent with industry best practices and user expectations, while balancing technical, data and schedule constraints
- Collecting and analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data to make design decisions based on test results and usability standards/best practices
- Prototyping applications on paper and in HTML as needed
- Working closely with development teams
- Extensive knowledge of various web development technologies, trends in technology and design patterns including mobile/responsive design is required
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design or related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of design experience
- Life Science or similiar industry experience
- Project management experience
- Experience conducting usability testing. Solid understanding of usability methods, research, contextual inquiry
- Fluency in additional languages is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of UCD principles
- Expert in designing for responsive web and mobile apps
- Demonstrated experience with UX deliverables (storyboards, wireframes, low/high fidelity designs/prototypes)
- Working knowledge of web services & modern application architectures (REST, SPAs, HTML, CSS, JS)
- Expert with Adobe products (Illustrator, Photoshop, XD)
- Expert with Axure and Sketch
- Work co-located with other designers and partners / associates. (Not remote.)
- Travel up to 20% time
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.