A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Reporting to the Head of Strategy and Technology, the Pilot Engineering Manager is responsible for advocating for and facilitating the introduction of new products, processes and product line extensions into the Jaffrey site. The Pilot Engineering Manager works as a collaborative team member on product development core and technical teams, as well as internal plant teams, to ensure the standards expected in new products/processes and product extensions are met with the overall objective of driving high quality business results.
- Lead a team of 5-7 engineers and engineering technicians. Manage and develop that staff to ensure effective execution of tasks.
- Provide sound technical input to validation planning and execution for New Product Introduction programs, process development projects and product line extensions.
- Provide support to Jaffrey Process Engineering and Operations groups in the troubleshooting and development of process technology and continuous improvement programs.
- Demonstrate a passionate commitment to EHS and consistently promote a culture of safety in everything we do.
- Ensure New Product Introductions and all other work complies with all corporate and site EHS and quality regulations and expectations.
- Provide support to New Product Introductions and other projects post-RTM, including follow up and closure of project IOU’s.
- Ensure timely communication of critical issues regarding project schedule and cost is provided to R&D, plant and business management.
- Occasional travel to other domestic locations may be required (<10%).
Who you are:
- BS degree in an Engineering discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing setting with proven track record of successful project closure and performance.
- Experience developing organizational vision and supporting goals and objectives. Track record of driving successful projects that have resulted in favorable business outcomes.
- Experience working with R&D, product management and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced degree (MS, MBA) a plus.
- Understanding and experience with ISO & FDA regulations (such as 21 CFR 820, 210 & 211) a strong plus.
- Black Belt or Green Belt a plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage through influence in a matrixed environment
- Proven strong leadership skills w/ ability to motivate, inspire, and build a high performing team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Ability to manage in a complex and fast paced environment. Able to prioritize workload effectively to drive project focus.
- Requires confidence and experience to drive effective, pragmatic and risk-based decisions.
- High intellectual horsepower and proven problem-solving ability. Strong decision maker.
- Collaborative and motivated team player. Always looking to share and advance best practices.
- Ability to drive change and challenge the status quo in a respectful/professional manner.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.