A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma is hiring an Analytical Scientist within their API R&D organization. This is a laboratory position charged with the development of analytical platforms for the testing of high potent active pharmaceutical ingredients. The primary activities for this position will involve the development of analytical methods, transferring the newly developed methods to Quality Control for manufacturing, and being a technical resource for junior analysts.
- Lead analytical efforts for one or more new product development programs
- Development of test methods for R&D products, intermediates, and raw materials
- Implement analytical solutions to problems as they arise in R&D
- Provide innovation to Madison/Verona sites by proposing, implementing, and championing new analytical technologies
- Use knowledge of organic chemistry to critically evaluate analytical data
- Be a technical resource and mentor for junior staff members
- Perform laboratory testing as needed on R&D projects with proper documentation. Testing will involve the use of HPLC, GC, DSC, TGA, IR, MS, NMR and XRPD among other tests and instruments
- Verification/qualification of test methods
- Operationally qualify, calibrate/verify and maintain analytical R&D equipment
- Execute projects and initiatives on time, meeting identified objectives within the targeted budget(s) inside the MilliporeSigma product development process
- Demonstrate clear initiative, risk-taking, and creativity
- Interact well with other functional units (Marketing, Commercial, Process Development, Analytical Development, Technical Operations, Manufacturing, Quality, and Regulatory Affairs) to advance program and department objectives
- Work in accordance with FDA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, DOT, and other regulatory agency guidelines
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry or related Scientific discipline with 3+ years’ experience in analytical, medicinal or process chemistry or Master’s degree in Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Chemistry or related Scientific discipline
- PhD in Chemistry or Master’s degree with 3+ years’ experience.
- Knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry preferred.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.