A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The BioMonitoring business field of MilliporeSigma Corporation is seeking a Food Application Sales Specialist to support the growth strategy in the food, beverage and testing laboratory markets. BioMonitoring Food Sales is focused on supporting the microbiology needs, particularly focused on food suppliers, manufacturing, processing facilities, food testing laboratories, beverage & bottled water manufacturers / suppliers.
The ideal candidate will be a scientist/microbiologist/molecular biologist with an in-depth knowledge and understanding of microbiology quality control for food safety, sample preparation, hygiene monitoring, rapid methods, validation of methods, regulatory requirements, and quality assurance with 4+ years of sales experience. In addition, the ideal candidate is results-oriented, passionate about what they do, works with a sense of urgency, stays focused in the midst of change, and works well on a team. This position can be based in the Chicago, IL area. (travel to IL, WI, MO, KS, IA, MN, NE, ND, & SD)
- This position requires Travel 70% of the time, or as necessary to meet the objectives.
- Consistently achieve sales targets established by the Sales Manager, including submission of accurate quarterly forecast and forecast updates as requested on a timely basis.
- The candidate must be able to prioritize and manage territory through planned coverage and interaction with key accounts, thought leaders, and end users.
- Proactively pursue and follow-up on sales opportunities for pathogen testing, bioburden, environmental monitoring, and rapid microbial technologies.
- Maintain a high level of technical and application competence and utilize this knowledge in a manner which will enable him/her to add value to our products and services, and to promote and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Work collaboratively with customer quality assurance and quality control groups, utilizing internal partners such as Field Marketing and Technology Specialists as necessary to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Deliver presentations as they relate to strategy and / or business review meetings and Plans of Action (POAs) at the territory and customer levels.
- Execute solid management skills in implementing and executing successful POAs that balance sales activities with customer needs, channel needs, purchasing agent needs, account development, and cross-business activities versus business field needs.
- Maintain effective and professional communication with internal and external customers. Schedule, facilitate, execute and/or participate in seminars, tradeshows, and pricing promotions within the defined territory.
- Manage the sales channels (direct, distribution) within your territory to include, but not limited to, the following activities: account POAs, business reviews, and training.
- Manage effective pricing strategies/activities that may include, but are not limited to quotations, customer-specific pricing programs (CSPs), value-add negotiations, and implementation plans.
Who you are:
- Bachelors or masters degree in microbiology, molecular biology, food sciences or related life sciences
- 4+ years of sales experience achieving/exceeding sales targets
- 4+ years of experience with technology implementation is a plus
- Bachelors or master's Degree in microbiology or molecular biology
- Demonstrate business acumen and agility in the Food, Beverage, Contract (Reference) Testing Laboratory industries as it relates to the microbiology discipline; Skilled in achieving technical competency, product knowledge, understanding of work-flow and competitive landscape
- Familiarity with AOAC regulations, food safety, hygiene monitoring, with emphasis in quality control programs in the manufacturing of food, and beverage is a plus Proven success in establishing internal and external customer relationships at various decision-maker or influencer levels that demonstrates an understanding of the sales process, as well as proven problem-solving and prioritization skills
- Skilled in preparing, communicating and implementing tactical business plans for territory and accounts, appropriate to the level of the audience
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and sound judgment to prioritize issues or gaps in day-to-day activities such as channel management and customer fulfillment issues.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.