A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We have an opening for an Associate Scientist to join the Immuno-Oncology platform at EMD Serono in Billerica, MA. The candidate will join a highly motivated team to support the discovery of novel cancer immunotherapies. In his/her role, the candidate is expected to develop and conduct cellular immune assays to characterize small molecules or biologics that modulate the tumor immune environment and enhance the anti-tumor immune response. This is an opportunity to learn new skills in an innovative environment and to expand one’s knowledge in Immuno-Oncology and Drug Discovery.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Immunology, Biology or other related Scientific discipline
- Bachelor’s degree in in Immunology or related Scientific discipline with 3+ years of relevant laboratory experience
- Master’s degree in Immunology or related Scientific discipline with 1+ years of relevant laboratory experience
- Hands on experience with cell/tissue culture techniques and isolation of human primary cells
- Hands on experience with immuno- and molecular biology assays set-up (e.g. ELISA, Luminex, Q-PCR, Western Blot, etc.)
- Hands on experience with flow cytometry, understanding of flow cytometry principles and data analysis
- Good understanding and working knowledge with isolation and manipulation of human blood cells, in vitro T cell/DCs functional assays
- Ability to develop, optimize, and establish biochemical and cellular immune assays
- Ability to interpret study observations with attention to details
- Experience with the recording and reporting of scientific results
- Ability to multitask; effective written and verbal communication skills
- Efficient time management, punctuality, and good organizational skills
- Willingness to actively interact and closely work with team members
- Participate and thrive in an interactive, dynamic, team-oriented culture
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.