A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Locations: Burlington MA or St. Louis MO
As a Patent Paralegal you will be responsible for a full range of paralegal duties with our in-house patent group prosecuting U.S., PCT and foreign patent applications.
- Prepare and file U.S., PCT patent applications and instruct foreign to file patent applications.
- Prepare or initiate formal requirements and responses due in patent applications.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with in-house patent group located at multiple sites.
- Interface directly with business units and R&D.
- Maintain docket reports to be current and accurate and generate other specific system reports.
- Join group projects to ensure completion within established time frames and quality standards.
- Contribute incoming and outgoing file transfers.
- Multi-task to meet the demands of a fast-paced environment and multiple priorities.
- 3 years patent support experience.
- 2+ years of experience using the USPTO and PCT filing platforms.
- BA/BS or 3-5 years of experience in a patent support role.
- Advanced experience with IP databases and docketing systems.
- Experience with CPA systems (Memotech, First-to-File, Foundation IP).
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, O365 (MS Word, Adobe, Excel), PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint.
- Familiar with patent related public databases.
- Practical knowledge of query building software.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and attention to detail and accuracy.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.