A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: The Field Application Specialist creates awareness by working with our field-based account managers to identify high potential leads and position the value proposition of our Lab Informatics Solutions to our customers’ key informatics decision makers which can range from lab managers to CIO level. You will drive the sales of these technologies through a consultative selling approach, leveraging the subject matter experts technical and industry expertise to provide the exact solution that meets the customer needs. After converting the opportunity, you will support the delivery and launch at the customer site.
The Field Application Specialist contributes to the sales cycle by coordinating requirements, developing contracts, integrating contract requirements and business operations. They are also expected to utilize their technical expertise to provide the sales force with the necessary tools, information and support to identify new opportunities. This role should be able to evaluate a customer’s laboratory equipment landscape to identify solutions that address customer lab informatics challenges. All Commercial Marketing Consultants are expected to utilize the available tools and resources to track and report sales activity and share account and process knowledge.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience, MS with 3+ years
- You are action oriented with a high-level drive for results and perseverance acting in professional and positive manner at all times
- You are goal oriented and self-motivated, capable of working with minimum direction
- Able to communicate effectively across operational to C-Suite customers
- Able to travel greater than 60%, mostly within North America
- Location: No NA regional preference as role is WFH and travel to customer location
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant natural science (Chemistry, Biology, etc.). Preference will be given to candidates with post graduate business or digital science degree.
- 5+ years in a major sales role within a Lab informatics company OR 5+ years’ solving customer data/informatics challenges in a laboratory environment
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.