A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role is a key team member focused on early- stage process development, process characterization, new technology evaluation, and optimization of catalog products for biopharmaceutical applications. This individual will be responsible for leading cell culture development projects and for solving scientific problems related to the development of robust upstream cell culture processes.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the efforts of an R&D team to develop novel cell culture media formulations for new product introductions. This individual will have a role in the design, execution, and analysis of experiments and will provide interpretations and conclusions of the results to the internal project teams and stakeholders.
The position requires a deep understanding of cell physiology and metabolism to assist with developing cell-based models for high density perfusion processes. Must be proficient in the use of aseptic techniques including hands-on experience in mammalian cell/tissue culture - thawing, sub-culturing and freezing. Good understanding of biochemistry and organic chemistry is a plus.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and creative individual, with ability to solve technical and scientific problems in a collaborative environment. Expected to create and present reports/presentations on team and project status, and also represent the team on product development and other cross-functional teams.
You will have direct interaction with customers as well as support Sales and Marketing by providing performance/application summaries/data suitable for marketing media.
You will be responsible for experimental design, will interpret data and determine next steps alongside the project team/lead. Will be able to understand and read scientific literature in primary focus areas. Expected to maintain a laboratory notebook with detailed experimental designs and results. Sr, Scientists are also expected to demonstrate thought leadership by participating in scientific conferences and creating posters/publications.
All scientists are expected to contribute to support functions of the lab (cleaning, equipment maintenance, reagent prep, etc.). Also, must have willingness to work occasional weekends as needed.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree with 8 plus years of experience, master’s degree with 3 plus years of experience, or PhD in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related discipline required
- Bachelor’s degree with 8 plus years of experience in cell culture process development of biological molecules, master’s degree with 6 plus years of related experiment in cell culture process development of biological molecules experience, or PhD with 3 plus years of experience in cell culture process development for biological molecules
- Hands-on-experience with bench to intermediate scale bioreactors, developing high-titer cell culture processes
- Experience in mammalian cell culture media development
- Specific knowledge and in-depth understanding of cell culture and scale-up
- Strong understanding of statistical tools and knowledge of DOE and QbD principles. Ability to critically analyze data using statistical tools for process performance to compile technical reports and other documentation.
- Familiarity with large-scale mammalian production and/or hands-on experience in operating bioreactors & perfusion technology.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.