A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Data Integration Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining complex data integraiton and analytics applications to support EMD Serono’s healthcare business. An ideal candidate will be a dynamic individual with highly developed communication skills and a strong background in data warehousing and business intelligence systems.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work with the business and business partners in scoping out and translating requirements for new data warehouse initiatives.
- Act as a technical lead/architect for development efforts within the data warehouse environment.
- Conduct code reviews to ensure best practices are being followed.
- Ensure proper unit testing is performed and documented.
- Oversee the migration of approved code through environments.
- Help drive innovation and next-gen initiatives to incorporate evolving technologies and support growing business needs.
- Ensure all project work is handed over to support personnel seamlessly.
- Work with/manage the data warehouse project/support team (onsite and remote) to ensure all technical, business, and data related issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Communicate delays and issues to the appropriate business teams.
- Act as a point person for the business to handle ad hoc requests and questions concerning the data warehouse.
- Comply with SLA terms and monitor KPIs to meet/exceed established service levels
Manage the AWS RedShift initiatives with an eye toward best practices, security, and scalability.
Help to make sure all application are running efficiently and effectively including coordination/trouble-shooting with infrastructure team as necessary
Coordinate with infrastructure and server teams in planning downtimes regarding upgrades, updates, and or patches.
- BA/BS required, preferably in a technical subject area (i.e. Computer Science, Engineering, etc.)
Professional Skills and Experience
- 4-6 years of experience in data warehousing/business intelligence.
- 4-6 years of experience in data integration (ETL) development using Informatica PowerCenter 9.x/10.
- 3+ years of experience in SQL script development using Toad for Oracle 11.x/12.x, or similar
- 3+ years of experience with UNIX shell scripting
- Understanding of best data modeling principles and the ability to create and modify complex data models
- Understanding of standard data integration techniques and ability to recommend and implement appropriate solution based on business intelligence requirements.
- Able to communicate on a technical and business level.
- Experience in working with cross-functional, multi-cultural teams as well as skills to manage virtual teams of external vendors.
- Willingness to travel (up to 10%)
- Previous experience with pharmaceutical data.
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services offerings and hands on experience with RedShift.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Tableau, SalesForce.com, GoAnywhere, Dell Boomi
- Able to work as a team player and independently based on needs.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.