A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are currently seeking an R&D Development Engineer for the Applications Group within MilliporeSigma’s Process Solutions business unit. As part of the Research and Development organization, the successful candidate will evaluate, develop, and generate advanced understandings of novel bio-separation products and concepts. Process technologies include normal flow filtration, tangential flow filtration and adsorptive media processes designed for the purification of biopharmaceuticals. The candidate will critically evaluate new, emerging technologies and contribute to the planning and direction of product development. The individual will interact with end users and various groups within MilliporeSigma, such as marketing, pre-development, and the process development groups to ensure that the technologies will meet the customer’s needs. The individual will use their process experience to support experimental design and data analysis and effectively communicate experimental results in written reports. This position will be based at our Bedford, MA campus
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, biomedical engineering, or related fields with 3+ years of industrial experience or a Master’s degree in chemical engineering, biomedical engineering, or related fields with 1 year of industrial experience.
- Strong fundamental understanding of chemical engineering principles.
- Knowledge and experience with using normal flow and tangential flow filters.
- Knowledge of Biopharmaceutical filtration products, processes, and applications.
- Experience working in a laboratory planning and conducting experiments.
- Show attention to detail in conducting scientific experiments, recording results, and drawing data-driven conclusions from the findings.
- Accurately record detailed findings in laboratory notebooks.
- Work both within a research team and independently to analyze and interpret data.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Proficient in experimental design and execution and in basic statistical data analysis are required. Proficient in advanced statistical analysis with regards to DOE and data analysis is a plus.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate technical information
- Software proficiencies in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are required. Proficiencies in Minitab and basic coding (e.g. VBA, Python, Matlab, Labview) are a plus.
- Knowledge of data acquisition systems with regards to software (e.g. Labview) and hardware (e.g. pressure transducers, load cells) is a plus.
- Should be self-motivated, enthusiastic, and able interact effectively with people in all areas of the company.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.