A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
We are a leading science and technology company. It life science business offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
As Material Handler (Laboratory), you are primarily responsible for ensuring the facility is fully supported for ensuring test article receipt and general logistical support to ensure that the facility remain fully functional. You will receive client test materials for storage and issue of samples to GLP/GMP laboratories that involves physical handling of sample inventory, as well maintaining accurate system records for all transactions made to and from the department.
You will also be responsible for control and maintenance of the Asia Pacific Biorepository function. Role covers entire process flow from contact set-up with commercial team, management of on-site storage, through to shipment of client material.
TEST ARTICLE RECEIPT & BIOLOGICALS INVENTORY MANAGEMENT:
- Receive, check and process materials on a daily basis in line with appropriate quality procedures.
- Store biological inventory to agreed quality/regulatory compliance (e.g. segregation, temperature control), and ensure traceability through maintenance of accurate system transactions, using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System.
- Ensure the timely provision of materials using Electronic Requisition (eREQ) issue or through manual requisitions of appropriate stock levels.
- Carry out Equipment monitoring/maintenance where under the specific responsibility of Support Services.
- Perform inter-site shipment of material via internal transportation or courier.
- Support improvement initiatives as agreed with line management to streamline processes, make cost savings and reduce waste.
- Maintain all records and archive as appropriate following the appropriate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Support the department with preparation for Client/Regulatory Audits.
- Perform cycle counts in line with Cycle Count Programme.
- Perform required equipment cleans and offers Test Article Receipt (TAR) Verification support.
- Ensure registration of all suppliers in approved supplier list.
- Raise purchase request and necessary follow up for material receipt and payment.
- Run monthly Matrix report, eDiscrepancy report, trend analysis and follow up actions.
- Handle events investigations & CAPA for designated area (TAR & Biorepository).
- Coordinate facilities, equipment support and validation teams to ensure that the Biorepository is aligned to appropriate levels of facility control (security, access and monitoring).
- Ensure inter-site and external shipments are controlled in line with BioReliance Quality Management System, and client Quality Agreements.
- Participate in commercial meetings alongside Sales and/or Project Management (e.g. technical reviews, client visits or conference calls).
- Lead client, regulatory and internal Biorepository audit activity (e.g. overview presentations, laboratory tours, process/documentation and controls review, QMS record ownership).
- Maintain full system traceability for Biorepository material through inventory management (receipts, storage, location transfer, shipment).
- Provide monthly revenue forecasts through order analysis, sales funnel and effective communication across internal stakeholders (i.e. Sales/PM).
- Maintain Key Performance Indicators as agreed with line manager (e.g. revenue forecast, contract renewal status, quality/service metrics)
- Provide appropriate quality documentation/electronic records to ensure Biorepository activity is operated in line with BioReliance Quality systems/regulatory compliance (SOP/Change Control).
- Establish review meetings and communication channels with stake holders for effective routine operation.
- Lead or support improvement initiatives as agreed by line management with a view to streamlining processes, making cost savings or reducing waste.
Who You Are:
Diploma/Higher Nitec/Nitec in any technical (science/engineering) discipline.
- 3 years of previous facilities/support services experience in biological laboratory or pharma/ biotech production environment.
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment (GLP/GMP) is highly desirable.
- Previous experience working in a stores environment would be advantageous but not an essential.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving, customer service and planning skills.
- ERP experience is an asset (Oracle / SAP/ LIMS/ Trackwise).
- Proficient in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Adheres to applicable safety SOPs and follows applicable safe work practices
- In-depth knowledge of all maintenance functions (e.g. procurement, inventory planning, GLP, etc.).
- Comprehensive knowledge of applicable codes and enforcement standards, including SOP’s, systems history and change control.
Technical and problem solving skills
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job
- Ensures a safe and healthy work environment at all times by not only complying with but actively embracing health and safety policies and procedures to ensure the welfare and safety of self and others within the workplace
- Can learn new skills and knowledge quickly
- Uses logic to solve problems and makes good decisions.
Personal and interpersonal skills
- Relates well to all kinds of people in the organization, builds constructive and effective relationships using diplomacy and tact
- Is seen as a team player, cooperative, easily gains support of peers, encourages collaboration
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com