A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Packaging Operator II will assist with loading bottles and pack-off during fill line operations. Set up and operate automated labelers. Hand label as necessary. Follow all quality and safety procedures. Support quality systems. Follow safety procedures at all times. Document all equipment used and verify calibration status. Don, doff, use, and clean PPE. Be familiar with hazards common to assigned work and take action to correct unsafe situations. Participate in required safety activities such as training sessions, meetings, and documentation. Develop and assist in the implementation of process improvement ideas. Comply with the requirements of ISO 13485 and ISO 9001. Participate in 6S activities. Maintain good housekeeping and audit readiness. To semi-automatically and automatically portion chemicals into containers. Automatically and manually cap and label containers per packaging specifications. Package kit components into kits. Complete appropriate packaging documentations per FDA, IDO, and GMP procedures.
- To stage, fill (manually or semi-automatically), cap, label, and over pack liquid, powder, and lyophilized products per approved packaging specifications.
- Clean laboratory glassware and batch tanks.
- Complete appropriate packaging documentation per FDA, ISO, and GMP procedures and deliver products to inventory.
- Assemble and package chemical kits.
- Fill, cap, and label chemical products.
- Manually fill liquids or powders.
- Utilize semi-automated equipment to fill liquids or powders.
- Fill products utilizing aseptic techniques.
- Perform fills in environmentally controlled areas.
- Fill hazardous products.
- Transfer bulk utilizing peristaltic pumps.
- Filter bulk materials using pumps and in-line filters or vacuum filters.
- Operator automated and semi-automated cappers.
- Manually torque caps with wrenches.
- Extended periods of standing and repetitive movements. Working with and in proximity of hazardous chemicals and human source materials.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is exposed to fumes or airborne particles and reactive, toxic or caustic conditions. The employee occasionally is exposed to extreme, non-weather related cold and heat, wet humid conditions, and vibration. The employee may work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment may be loud.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will walk, reach above the shoulders, use feet to operate equipment and stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl. The employee will use hands to handle materials and operate tools and equipment and stand and operate equipment routinely used in packaging operations. The employee may occasionally wear an air helmet, mask, safety shoes, apron rubber and tyvek suits, protect gloves, and safety glasses and goggles while performing in this position. The employee may occasionally lift and move up to 70 lbs. The employee will use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and adjust focus
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 3+ months of experience working in an ISO/GMP regulated environment
- 3+ months of experience working with chemical weighing
- College courses in Chemistry or 6+ months experience with weighing chemicals
- Experience in aseptic handling techniques
- Basic math-including metrics and conversions
- Knowledge of safety rules, GMP, SOP’s, UOP’s
- Mechanical inclination, ability to use hand-tools and good hand-eye coordination
- Written and oral communication skills, legible handwriting
- Ability to set up and troubleshoot automated packaging equipment, use pumps, electronic balances and material handling equipment, mechanical skills
- Ability to train others and teamwork
- Problem solving
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.