Show All Results
Senior Scientist - Process Safety
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At MilliporeSigma, this Senior Scientist opening is a laboratory position in an API Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO). The primary focus is the execution and improvement of chemical process safety at two sites.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct formal hazard evaluations and write Process Hazard Evaluation reports.
- Run associated hazard evaluation experiments using RC1e, EasyMax, DSC, ARC, TSu, BAM Fallhammer, BAM Friction tester, interpret results, and write hazard evaluation experimental reports.
- Lead formal risk assessments for laboratory and kilo laboratory scale manufacturing processes and write risk assessment reports.
- Meet contract milestone deadlines and budgets.
- Coordinate with development and manufacturing groups to proactively identify potential hazards and recommend risk mitigation.
- Train personnel on process safety and serve as an expert on reactive chemical hazards.
- Assist the bidding process by identifying hazardous processes or chemicals that cannot be safely handled at sites.
- Lead Process Development projects as assigned.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Organic Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or other related Scientific discipline with 3+ years’ experience in chemical process safety or a Master’s degree in Organic Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or other related Scientific discipline.
- PhD in Organic Chemistry with 5+ years’ industrial experience with a thorough understanding of chemical process safety and thermochemistry.
- Understanding and experience with process development and manufacturing techniques from laboratory to scale-up laboratory, kilo scale, pilot plant scale, and plant scale.
- Ability to run and interpret the ASTM CHETAH program, hazard evaluation experiments, and ability to interpret hazard evaluation literature including from Bretherick’s.
- Mechanical ability to maintain hazard evaluation and laboratory equipment.
- Proficiency with software including MS Office, ChemOffice, and scientific plotting and statistical software.
- Excellent communication both verbal and written as well as the ability to give presentations and speak to large groups.
- Knowledge and understanding of cGMP other relevant quality systems overall goals, implementation and application.
- Work in accordance with FDA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, DOT, other regulatory agency guidelines, MilliporeSigma corporate safety guidelines and procedures, and Environmental Health and Safety guidelines and procedures.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.