A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Associate Production Scientist is responsible for the manufacturing of chemicals, and bulk chemicals in a manufacturing facility environment. They are responsible for following manufacturing protocols, consistent with and according to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and ensuring the accuracy of documentation.
This position will start as a 7:00am to 3:00pm shift but will transition to a second shift 4-day 10-hour day schedule, hours to be determined.
- Manufacture products according to established protocols, provide technical support to others and perform operations in support of the group and department.
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g. maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste disposal)
- Assure you are adequately trained to perform tasks/assignments
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of supervisor
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines and Good Documentation Practice (GDP) requirements.
- Identify areas for process improvements
- Writing and developing OP’s for new process
- May perform tasks while wearing personal protective equipment such as a respirator or chemical protective clothing for extended periods of time.
- May perform occasional lifting and pushing of up to 80 pounds.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering or related life science.
- 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- PSM knowledge
- Solid foundation in chemistry or biochemistry, math, and general science
- Knowledge of safe chemical handling methods
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.