A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative leader to be a part of the BioProcessing Leadership Team (BLT). In this role, you will lead a team responsible for the development, implementation and execution of strategies that contribute to BioProcessing strategic goals.
Key responsibilities attributed to this function will include:
- Strategy, setting the long-range BioProcessing business plan
- Market and Competitive Intelligence and Analytics
- Business development activities including in-licensing, mergers and acquisitions to drive inorganic growth of the BioProcessing business
In this role, you will work closely with the rest of the BioProcessing Leadership Team to set the vision and priorities for the business. This will include the R&D teams, the Marketing teams and strategy teams across the organization. The role will have highly visible interactions outside the BioProcessing organization to ensure that strategies are aligned up to the Group level.
Who You Are:
- Diverse experience in Life Science & Healthcare environments, strategic planning, regulatory, business development, sales, account and business management, services and projects, in leading international companies.
- Experienced in the big picture, able to assess and integrate macro factors ranging from political, economic, competitive, regulatory and technological areas and make impactful business recommendations for the short, medium and long term.
- Experience in framing and quantifying business potential and investment risk for growth opportunities, e.g., new market entry or footprint expansion
- Experience in market assessment activities including voice of customer, sourcing of third party market reports, competitive research and partnership with external research vendors.
- Solid finance and business development skills, keen eye for opportunities, good business acumen and ability to create and demonstrate value.
- Self-motivated leader, high energy and empathy, influence capabilities and strength in working in individual or team settings.
- Builds quality relationships with all levels of management and cross-functional teams, drives a collaborative and long-term partnership environment.
- M&A experience including opportunity development, due diligence, negotiations and post-deal integration efforts.
- Knowledge about how to leverage innovation, business intelligence and analytical foundations to drive analyses to insights to results.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business (or Management), Engineering, or equivalent
- 10 years managing teams in complex project management, process improvement, extensive change management, advisory and/or consulting experience required
- Prior experience in Strategy and Business Development, M&A, Services or Operations, Business Case development, Financials and P&L Management
- An ability to motivate others and work collaboratively with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Intellectually curious with a bias for action
- Influences without authority and drives actionable results
- Deeply analytical with quantitative and qualitative data – framing and conducting analysis
- Deeply experienced in developing fact-based, market-driven insights and building internal alignment
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills – oral and written
- Experienced in global organization working with highly technical team members
- Comfortable in fluid environment and navigating through ambiguity
- Travel up to 30%
- Fluent spoken and written English
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.