A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
In this role you will support the Sheboygan site with maintenance activities. Your role is multi-skilled and requires completing work orders that cross over traditional disciplines.
- Maintain and repair equipment, facilities, and utility systems.
- Ensure the entire site running by completing corrective and preventive maintenance work orders.
- Ability to operate, troubleshoot, maintenance and repair boilers, chillers, HVAC and air handling systems
- Complete corrective and preventive maintenance of work orders.
- Work independently on P.M. shift and repair tasks.
- Responsible for operating, troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing process controls and instrumentation.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations, identify unsafe work conditions and report them to management.
- Participation in the call-in program and are required to be available for weekend and holiday on-call and after-hours duty.
- Performs work related travel as necessary.
- Conduct miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned.
- Contributes to department goals.
- The employee will occasionally wear an air helmet, mask, safety shoes, apron rubber and Tyvek suits, protective gloves, safety glasses and goggles while performing in this position.
- You will also be standing for extended periods of time and repetitive movements throughout the shift.
- The candidate will be working with and in proximity of hazardous chemicals and human source materials. You may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. with lifting equipment.
- You will also utilize close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus.
First Shift – Monday - Friday
Who you are:
- High School Diploma, GED or HSED
- 5 + years hands on maintenance experience
- 1+ years experience using CMMS Systems
- Valid Driver’s License
- Associates degree in applicable field
- Knowledge of LEAN and 6S concepts
- Must have knowledge of CMMS Systems
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience Preventive & Predictive Maintenance
- Ability to collaborate with other departments
- Experience maintaining boiler and or chiller operations
- Experience in conducting instrumentation calibration
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.