A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Responsibilities include forecasting, operations planning, procurement planning or customer service functions. Additionally, the position responsibilities will include adjusting delivery schedules for key materials, scheduling work for operations and/or responding to organizational requests on availability of products. This position will be responsible for managing Performance Materials sale orders across manufacturing and sourcing site, assist and ensure sales order are received and acknowledgements are sent and received by our customer.
- Evaluate current and future customer/field sales demands to Production/Purchasing using current systems (example: Grasp, SAP, mainframe, etc.) and by telephone, e-mail as necessary.
- Manage inventory reports and expedite/de-expedite materials based on supply chain and customer priorities by working and calling internal vendors directly
- Track replenishment orders from shipping to warehouse. Communicate delivery information to appropriate parties, and determine if/when a material reservation is required to meet the customer’s shipping schedule
- Develop operational schedules to meet customer service objectives and support service and inventory goals
- Customized order processing which includes but is not limited to confirming customer packaging configurations, confirming customer specifications using change control data to ensure customer expectations are met, offering alternate products and configuration when requested product is not available, etc.
- Develop solutions for customer inquiries, problem solves to meet or exceed customer expectations. Quickly identify root cause and corrective actions to minimize customer impact. Investigate and resolve the inquiry with the appropriate functional areas.
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma, GED or HSED
- 1+ years of experience in supply chain, forecasting or planning/scheduling
- 1+ years of experience in moving material through the product delivery cycle
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Supply Chain Management or related field.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while prioritizing the changing demands; demonstrate high sense of urgency.
- Ability to work independently and adhere to deadlines.
- Professional communication skills. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate at all levels and work as a team.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Access Lotus Notes, etc.)
- ISO standards (in relation to preparing documents).
- 2 yrs experience speaking to internal customer
- Experience in Packaging is a plus.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.