A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are a vision driven global communications team that is dedicated to strengthening the visibility and reputation of EMD Serono so that we have the highest potential of reaching and influencing our stakeholders.
- Champion the overall reputation of EMD Serono in North America.
- Build and strengthen the EMD Serono brand.
- Shape and strengthen the culture of the organization.
- Engage and inspire our North America employee base to best position the thought leadership of our senior executives.
- Lead a seasoned team of communications and meetings & events professionals.
- Collaborate within a global and dynamic environment.
- Build and strengthen the reputation of EMD Serono in North America through a strategic internal and external corporate communications strategy and plan that leads to clear business outcomes, in alignment with North American leadership and global communications.
- Manage the external reputation of EMD Serono in North America, in collaboration with Communications (Healthcare and Group); Life Sciences; and other relevant functions and global teams.
- Oversee the development of corporate messaging platform/narrative that tells the story of who EMD Serono is, complementing our global footprint.
- Lead an integrated and outcomes-oriented thought leadership strategy for North America senior executives across local media, digital channels, community organizations, therapeutic area organizations, etc.
- Create new and further optimize existing non-branded opportunities/campaigns to position and strengthen the reputation of EMD Serono in the US.
- Lead corporate social responsibility initiatives for EMD Serono internally and externally, including non-branded events and opportunities and in partnership with franchise communications for brand opportunities.
- Identify and capitalize on global opportunities to strengthen EMD Serono in North America, both internally and externally.
- Lead a creative and high impact internal communications strategy that engages all EMD Serono employees around the company’s vision and purpose, in alignment with North America leadership and Global Communications Healthcare.
- Lead an internal communications program that enhances the level of knowledge and understanding of key initiatives and company news among EMD Serono employees.
- Lead the development of a well-informed employee base capable of serving as company ambassadors.
- Lead an internal outcomes-oriented narrative for EMD Serono that complements the global organization but is unique to the dynamic market in the US.
- Energize and engage the employee base in North America, build a dynamic and unique culture that strengthens the reputation of EMD Serono as the place to be/employer of choice in biopharma in North America.
- Lead and contribute to company wide meetings and events, including national sales meetings, North America employee events, and global events in North America, creating a narrative across events that resonates and inspires employees.
- Collaborate seamlessly between North America and global teams to ensure alignment while allowing for local dynamics.
- Lead a Corporate Communications team at multiple sites, including Rockland, MA Billerica, MA, and Canada, focusing on local and global collaboration.
- Lead a Meetings & Events team that supports the North America business.
- Serve as a member of the Global Communications, Healthcare Leadership Team.
- Contribute to special initiatives and projects on an as needed basis for EMD Serono, Communications and our global team.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree required in the areas of: Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, International Relations, English, Business Administration or equivalent.
- 15+ years progressive communications experience in a complex, global organization.
- Well-rounded senior corporate communicator with exceptional business partnering and stakeholder management abilities, at ease leading, advising and delivering in role.
- Highly skilled in managing complex issues and multiple priorities (external and internal).
- Exquisite personal judgement and values, behavioral flexibility and experience working internationally across multiple and varied cultures.
- Ability to operate in a global matrix.
- Excellent oral and written English skills – fluent and proficient.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to properly interact with people in different levels/positions, cultures.
- Proactive, creative, results and teamwork orientated.
- Resilient and able to work under pressure.
- Multicultural experience.
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 15+ years progressive communications experience in a complex, global biopharma organization.
- German language skills considered a plus.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.